Office 2007, Unattended Setup & Fine-tuning

prathapml

HI

I have a bundle of office 2007 professional and Enterprise edition .

i want to install Enterprise edition through unattended installation. But after creating the MSP file also and running the command

setup.exe /adminfile filename.msp

the setup asks whether to continue with professional or Enterprise edition

post-127590-1171954453_thumb.jpg

can any body help me in this matter

thanks

Edited by abhay

prathapml I used the first method on Office 2k7 Enterprise Spanish and I keep getting this screens:

ofi2k71xx1.png

I would like to do all the installation silently.

Thnx,

Annita

I have the same problem.

Who can help?

Thank you

MisterX

Edited by MisterX

prathapml I used the first method on Office 2k7 Enterprise Spanish and I keep getting this screens:

ofi2k71xx1.png

I would like to do all the installation silently.

Thnx,

Annita

I have the same problem.

Who can help?

Thank you

MisterX

grab the setup.exe file posted earlier and rename ur config.xml to custom.xml and place it along with the setup.exe in cd root...and then just launch the setup.exe file

Hi, would anyone please explain me how can we disable some options in excel because i only see one option for EXCEL in the config.xml posted in the first post and in the program of my friend has a little of instances. Here is the pic what he wants:

dibujovh8.th.jpg

Edited by Major

I have a bundle of office 2007 professional and Enterprise edition .

i want to install Enterprise edition through unattended installation. But after creating the MSP file also and running the command

setup.exe /adminfile filename.msp

the setup asks whether to continue with professional or Enterprise edition

Just delete the folder named Pro.WW !

(and any other folders that are used ONLY by the Pro Edition)  Pls note that the *.WW folders are the product folders that setup.exe looks into.

I just slipped streamed office 2007 but with a problem

im trying to delete the unused applications such as one note and i get an error message if i do. any way to delete extra application folders without getting an error message during start up of install?

Hi, would anyone please explain me how can we disable some options in excel
Yes, use Option A (creating an MSP) to customize the components you want.

@prathapml, Is there any possibility to customize the components using the option B (Config.xml) as you have suggested is the best method?

Thanks

Edited by Major

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if this method works if I don't have the physical Office 2007 media? Microsoft provided me with a CD-key via e-mail and a link to the Office 2007 Professional program. It's a self-extracting .exe file similar to the trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business Edition. Can I still pack this up and make an unattended install of Office 2007?

Hi guys, I'm just wondering if this method works if I don't have the physical Office 2007 media? Microsoft provided me with a CD-key via e-mail and a link to the Office 2007 Professional program. It's a self-extracting .exe file similar to the trial version of Microsoft Office 2007 Small Business Edition. Can I still pack this up and make an unattended install of Office 2007?

Do you get folders or an ISO-file when you run the .exe, or does it start the installation immediately?

Do you get folders or an ISO-file when you run the .exe, or does it start the installation immediately?

It starts installing after the content finish extracting.

Hi folks,

I'm Alex from Spain.

I've just gone in a new company as the system administrator.

They already had a GPO for 2003 deployment.

These day I've been trying a test deployment of Office 2007 ProPlus.

I've done an MSP cutomization file correctly with it's license key, display mode, and giving the programs some especifications about extensions and all that (it's in the updates forlder).

The thing is office 2007 needs to run setup.exe and GPO only admints MSI packages, and it doesn't accept MSP customitzation files

(before the configuration files had MST extension).

So instead of running a package from the GPO software configuration, I've tried with the option "Administrative whatever" (under windows configuration option) -> System -> session logon -> activate program executing when user logs in.

and running the command "\\server\xxx\xxx\setup.exe" (he already looks up for the MSP file).

My problem is that when user logs in a window pops up asking if he wants to execute or cancel for the action "setup.exe".

That's not an unnatended installation but still, when the user tries to execute it fails because in my company users don't have administrative privileges.

So what can I do to deploy Office 2007 without user interferance?

With GPO and Office 2003 the program installed intself before user logged in.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

Alex