WMI/VBS script to gather system info

Hi all,

i have been playing around in xp/2003 with wmic and can see how very very powerful it is, it lead me to try wmi in 2000 however there is no command line for it which is making it difficult.

can anyone tell me how to do the following and how they got the information to do it please?:

i need to view (by running a script) on a local or remote pc the number of memory slots, which ones are occupied and how much memory is in each

thanks for reading this guys i know one of you will know :)

EDIT: iv just been looking and experimenting and found scriptomatic, it has a big list of all the win32_*** wmi's classes

i still fail to find one that displays the memory banks correctly, i thought i had it with win32_physicalmemory but that wasnt displaying correctly, can anyone help me please? im so close to getting this! :)

thanks

Edited by eyeball

If you run Scriptomatic, you will be shown the available WMI classes for the operating system you run it on. Windows 2000 does not have as much in WMI as XP or Server 2003. Going in the other direction, if you were to install WMI on NT4 (it's an available download) you would find considerably less support than Windows 2000 has.

So it's possible that 2000 does not have the support you're looking for.