user acounts

right..

ive got the following accounts being setup from my RunOnceEX command. how do i set the accounts so the password cannot be changed & account dosent expire..?

net user Staff Password /ADD

net accounts /maxpwage:unlimited

net user Student Password /ADD

CUSRMGR.EXE does the trick ...

The options that you are looking for are CanNotChangePassword and PasswordNeverExpires so it would look like this:

cusrmgr.exe -u Staff +x CanNotChangePassword +x PasswordNeverExpires
cusrmgr.exe -u Student +x CanNotChangePassword +x PasswordNeverExpires

CF

all the documents on CUSRMGR.EXE seem to point to refere to administrator accounts. does it work on normal local accounts too..?

can i get a copy of CUSRMGR.EXE put it in my ris install files run the command after the accounts are created & then remove the CUSRMGR.EXE file?

I have been playing around with wmic.exe and it appears that you can get the result that you want, without the need for any other (external) tools.

In order to disable a user's password (in your case the user was 'Student') from expiring and from being changed you would have to do the following from a command prompt or within some script:

wmic.exe UserAccount Where Name="Student" Set PasswordExpires= FALSE, PasswordChangeable= False

:w00t:

CF

right. I done what you said cancerface but it didnt seem to work.. seee if ive got it correct here

net localgroup "Administrators" /ADD Staff

wmic.exe UserAccount Where Name="Student" Set PasswordExpires= FALSE, PasswordChangeable= False

wmic.exe UserAccount Where Name="Staff" Set PasswordExpires= FALSE, PasswordChangeable= False

Shouldn't it be:

net localgroup "Administrators" /ADD Staff
wmic.exe UserAccount Where Name="Staff" Set PasswordExpires= FALSE, PasswordChangeable= False

It makes sense to first create the account (Student) and then make the password not expire ;)

I run the above code in XP and it worked fine :)

I got both accounts and the password is set to not expire + it cannot be changed

However, I have not tested this from RunOnceEx. I can say that it will not work from cmdlines as WMI is not fully functional at that stage. I have tested CUSRMGR.EXE from both cmdlines and RunOnceEx and I can confirm that it works (see my previous post)

CF

Edited by cancerface