Please help with DEP

masteripper

Hi to everybody

well i need some help because DEP is driving me crazy...:(

The trouble began about 2 days ago for no apparent reason

I had a nice 1080i movie send from a friend and i had put it on my desktop i had also splitted it in 3 parts (1 main movie around 12.5 GB and 3 splitted parts)

I tried to demux the sound just to see something and after a acouple of failures i did it

Then i tried to see an old cap i had (.mpg) around 700mb and this was the first time DEP hit me

It was presented in all its glory informing me that "explorer.exe" did something wrong and had to close

Although this was the first time i have ever seen this message i didn't gave much attention. I tried again and after seeing that it didn't worked i erased it............

After that i loaded VideoRedo to do some editing and Hell silently broke loose.

Do u remember my nice 1080i movie.While it was open by VideoRedo everything fine BUT when i close Redo everything was GONE........

That includes the main movie and 2 of its 3 parts(strangely they all had the same extension *.ts).

Thankfully i had a backup in my external disc but my troubles have just began.

I copied again the movie to my main HD and yes DEP hit again and again and again everytime i was attempting to right click it( although it was playing and it still does)

So i disabled DEP.....but

even though i can now right-click i cannot assing other player as its default player( i tried to assign Media Player 10 & media player classic and DEP was once more very effective in stopping any effort)

Let me inform u i have scanned my system with Both Mcafee & Kaspersky ( all full updated and besides some cokies and a couple of viruses inside a temp internet folder which were erased before my second encounter with DEP ) and also cleaned from any spyware( With scanspyware)... ALSO memory was tested with memtest for about 2 hours (6 passes 0 errors)

So what is left.....

Any chance of either a faulty CPU ,MB or HD ??????

I have no clue right now and i am only thinking of getting a nice backup and formatting the **** thing ( but the system is freshly formatted ; around a month and with very little use)

Please any ideas welcomed

My Specs

CPU San Diego 3700+

MB Asrock Dual sata2

Ram 2x 256 kingston Value

HDD 160Gb maxtor

VGA 5700