Dual Core Only 1 Core Visible

grozni

After bad overclock, my system hangs and craches few times and there were few blue screens, I had to go for Last Known Good Configuration method for boot, after that I lost second core, Windows XP SP1, now sees only 1 core on my Opteron 170. Is there a way this can be fixed without windows reinstall? Thanks in advice

well are you stilll in last known good config?

if you are then i suggest you reboot to normal mode.

if yyou are in normaly try removeing the acpi uniprocesor system driver, that should make windows detect the dual core.............

well are you stilll in last known good config?

if you are then i suggest you reboot to normal mode.

if yyou are in normaly try removeing the acpi uniprocesor system driver, that should make windows detect the dual core.............

I didn't had acpi uniprocesor. I have ACPI Multiprocesor PC. I fixed it, what I did is I just clicked update driver on ACPI Multiprocesor PC, and rebooted. Second core after reboot appered. Thanks

Interesting problem. Glad it got fixed though. May I ask why you are still using SP1 instead of SP2?

No special reason, I got attached with SP1 :P LOL I have many things istalled on my machine, as long as work fine, I will not install SP2. In case of some problem, I will do a clean install SP2. Thanks