Workflow web-portal

Hi! I'm looking for documents approval system, something like a web-portal without any client software. User creates a document, uploads it to the server and routes it to his senior manager, then to project leader and after that to project manager for approval. All the time user should be aware of the current status of his document.

We use this kind of approvals to create Purchase orders, for example. I guess many of you have something like this at work. Please, help me to choose one and to achieve dream of paperless office. :)

• 1 month later...

This is a bit off-topic (i.e. Windows & Microsoft) but there are several workflow managers available at Sourceforge.net. Of course these aren't applications :) But are available as scripts; mostly in PHP. And are classified as groupware.

Ain't simple :rolleyes: but with a bit of jiggery-pokery (sorry, customization) you can get them to work.

The "customization" referred to means you often have to re-structure your workflow to that offered by the solution. You can do it the other way around but you need to know PHP.

Hope this helps