Old Laptop. i have NO idea what is going on...

breadandbubbles

i recently came across an old laptop. a Toshiba Satellite Pro 430. it has no HDD or battery. and no network jack!

ill just ASSUME it has no wireless network built in, since i doubt it was even invented at the time.

so! it has some weird slot things, and jacks ive never seen before. i was hoping to make it useable again. what i want to know is:

1) what kind of hard drive do i need to put into it?

2) how do i put a network jack into it? i dont have a wireless router, only a normal router that uses netowkr cables.

i was also wondering about the possibility of a memory extension? is that possible?

The network part is easy, just pick up a cheap pcmcia 10/100 card from newegg http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCateg...?SubCategory=34

or ebay whichever you prefer. The hard drive will be a bit trickier as that laptop is pretty old. I doubt it'll see anything past 8gb due to the bios but the type you'll need is a 2.5". Those usually cost a lot more than a standard 3.5" drive and are usually slower. http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCateg...SubCategory=380

I'd personaly try and find an older drive to use. Maybe someone else knows tho?

eBay is a good place to get older laptop drives. Memory is kind of tricky, first I'd get the laptop up and running then go to crucial and do a system scan and see if it can be upgraded and if so by how much.

Looks like this is a really old laptop, 16-32mb ram and 100-120mhz processor.