MS Outlook error 0x80040154 & 0x8004210B

krishnanblr

I am using WINXP unattended ver of Amit with SP3, i understand that there are many components are removed. I want to use MS Outlook 2003 which is a part of the OS installation, but it gives an error 0x080040154, 0X8004210B & 0X8004210A. I tried searching the entire net but could not get any solutions for this.

The only solution what i found is to install outlook express, which in this OS it is removed, whenever i try to update IE 6, it says a newer version found and setup cannot install, then how do i install this OE 6

Please help to solve my problem

Thanks & Regards

krishnanblr

• 4 weeks later...

I had same problem. Done my head in as I loved the layout, look and estup so much I just had to get it operating 100% :angry:

Gave up after toying with patches , updates AND playing around in registry to allow earlier Outlook version to install (nearly thought I had it cracked at one point and was ready to detail instructions) unfortunatly didn't work.

Anyway my only workaround was two fingers to Outlook and I installed IncrediMail :P Works a treat for me :w00t::thumbup but not all will be happy with that.

I'd still love to have the option for Outlook to work but hey all else is and I got a cool e-mail prog.

Any updates on this and/or progress on Outlook workaround I'd sure love to know ;)

Cheers

Voyager2

• 1 year later...
error 0x080040154

Here we go, instead of trying to regsvr32 outlmime.dll which will give you:

outlmime.dll was loaded, but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found

the correct thing to do is: regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Outlook/Q_21996075.html

APPLIES TO

Microsoft Outlook 2003

hm ok so this reply has got nothing to do with your problem, but I came across this thread when Outlook wasn't sending/receiving mail..:S Hope it helps! xD

Edited by nimd4

• 4 months later...
error 0x080040154

Here we go, instead of trying to regsvr32 outlmime.dll which will give you:

outlmime.dll was loaded, but the dllregisterserver entry point was not found

the correct thing to do is: regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Outlook/Q_21996075.html

APPLIES TO

Microsoft Outlook 2003

hm ok so this reply has got nothing to do with your problem, but I came across this thread when Outlook wasn't sending/receiving mail..:S Hope it helps! xD

Hi, I've got exactly the same problem. I tried just about everything (reinstalling Office, manually installing Outlook Express etc etc) nothing works.

I've got inetcomm.dll located in c:\windows\system32\dllcache. When I try regsvr32 inetcomm.dll I get an error message

LoadLibrary("inetcomm.dll") failed - the specified module could not be found. So this does not work either... any other ideas?

...i understand that there are many components are removed... I want to use MS Outlook 2003..., but it gives an error 0x080040154, 0X8004210B & 0X8004210A.

The only solution what i found is to install outlook express...

Please help to solve my problem

Outlook 2003 and 2000 require some .dll files that are included in the OS with IE and Outlook express, and those hex error messages you are seeing indicate that there are missing .dlls or they are not registered (or both). Honestly, there's not a really easy way of doing this short of using loadersnaps and a debugger, or process monitor to see which .dll files are not found (that may take a long time too). If it's worth it to you, you can do those things, or you can use an OS that includes IE and OE in the default install, as that will guarantee things will work.

• 1 month later...

I just want to give some feedback. I now have already - let's say - triple f***ed my nLite-based winxp installation (2 times full winxp-overinstall and active-setup mess-around registry session for re-installing outlook express according to mskb before taking a look here) so there is no other way back then a complete re-install. I have had the 0x80040154 error with outlook 2003 and have not installed outlook express because I thought it would have not been needed. But I have had none inetcomm.dll below my c:\windows dir. I then copied it from another xp sp2 system onto that computer into c:\windows\system32 but regsvr'ing it just gives me "module not found(filename)". Using outlook 2003.

• 1 month later...
I have had the 0x80040154 error with outlook 2003 and have not installed outlook express because I thought it would have not been needed. But I have had none inetcomm.dll below my c:\windows dir. I then copied it from another xp sp2 system onto that computer into c:\windows\system32 but regsvr'ing it just gives me "module not found(filename)". Using outlook 2003.

After a lot of searching I finally managed to solve this problem (which occured after I have installed xp with nlite, chosing not to install Outlook Express, and therefore a had a missing non-existent Mail system)

What I have done is this:

1. Extract the below mentioned files from the original windows xp sp2 installation cd (not the nlite-version!) to c:\program files\outlook express\i386 . You will find them in the \i386 on the windows cd (the \i386 subfolder has to be created manually) (please see below for a list of these files)
  2. extract the msoe50.inf file in the c:\program files\outlook express folder
  3. right click the msoe50.inf file and chose "install" (original windows xp sp2 installation cd should be inserted in your cd drive, because windows will search and install additional files from this cd)
  4. regsvr32 outlmime.dll
  5. regsvr32 inetcomm.dll

And here, finally, the files which have to be extracted to the c:\program files\outlook express\i386 folder:

msimn.exe

oemig50.exe

setup50.exe

MSOE.HLP

MSOE.CHM

DIRECTDB.DLL

inetcomm.dll

INETRES.DLL

msoe.dll

msoeres.dll

oeimport.dll

oemiglib.dll

MSOE.TXT

If windows complains that it doesn't find some of the files contained in the c:\program files\outlook express\i386 folder, although they are present, please make a note of these files and copy them manually to c:\program files\outlook express and try again.

If outlmime.dll or inetcomm.dll are missing on your system, please google for them and download them from the internet and copy them into your %windir\system32 directory (and execute the regsvr32 commands afterwards).

If one or both of the dll-files are present on your system, but you still get an error message, (saying something like "wrong entry point in regsvr32), make sure they are in the system32 folder. If they are, and the error message persists, they might be the wrong file versions. Download a fresh (and probably older versions from the internet) and try with these "fresh" files.

Greetings,

nolens

• 1 year later...

I also couldn't register "inetcomm.dll"...

The solution was: copy MSOERT2.dll from Windows CD to \Windows\system32 and all is running fine! It seems that inetcomm.dll need that file. Bye! Thanks!

Edited by NotLim