Windows Installer message during the unattended install

coucou

Hello,

During the Unattended softwares installation, i have "Windows Installer. This Installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists... " message (see attached bellow).

In spite of that message, all the Software installations continue and goes right.

Do anyone could help me to get ride from this message?

TNX

coucou

th_65526_WindowsInstallerMessage.jpg

Edited by coucou

Hi kal,

Sorry for the delay reply, I had to reinstall all and "STAY NEXT TO THE MACHINE" for checking.

The programs throws the Windows Installer error up are:

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools

MBSA 2.0 (Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0)

Office 2003 Resource Kit

'WinXP SP2 Support Tools' is on the DVD as a winrar SFX archive and here the comments

Setup=suptools.msi /qb
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Here the MBSA_Install.exe' au3 compiled file when msiexec.exe (v3.1.4000.1823) is in the same CD folder as the MBSA

$Lang = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International", "sLanguage")
If $Lang = "FRA" Then
Run("msiexec /i MBSASetup-FR.msi /qr")
;
Else
Run("msiexec /i MBSASetup-EN.msi /qr")
EndIf

Here the Office 2003 Resource Kit command

%cdrom%\\Software\\OfficeTools\\ResourceKit\\ORK.MSI /qb'

Everything (over 150 apps) was tested before burning the DVD

Regards

coucou

'WinXP SP2 Support Tools' is on the DVD as a winrar SFX archive and here the comments
Setup=suptools.msi /qb
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Try this

Setup=msiexec /i suptools.msi /qb
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

Here the MBSA_Install.exe' au3 compiled file when msiexec.exe (v3.1.4000.1823) is in the same CD folder as the MBSA

$Lang = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International", "sLanguage")
If $Lang = "FRA" Then
Run("msiexec /i MBSASetup-FR.msi /qr")
;
Else
Run("msiexec /i MBSASetup-EN.msi /qr")
EndIf

And try this

If RegRead("HKCU\Control Panel\International", "sLanguage") = "FRA" Then
Run('msiexec /i "' & @ScriptDir & '\MBSASetup-FR.msi" /qr')
Else
Run('msiexec /i "' & @ScriptDir & '\MBSASetup-EN.msi" /qr')
EndIf

:)

• 9 months later...

Hi,

Sorry MHz, i never come back to you after everything rebuilded. In fact, I had set yr recommended modifications. without success.

Moreover, i get that message any time, not necessarily the above quoted programs throws the Windows Installer error.

Is there anyhow to get ride from this error message? like to run in background an AutoIt script staying alive during all the WPI prog installation (>100), and close this messge everytme opened?

Regards

coucou

Is there anyhow to get ride from this error message? like to run in background an AutoIt script staying alive during all the WPI prog installation (>100), and close this messge everytme opened?

Here is a couple of examples depending on the condition of when you want the script to jump out of the loop.

; Wait for a process to exist before ending the loop
Do
Sleep(2000)
If WinExists('Windows Installer', 'This installation package could not be opened') Then
ControlClick('Windows Installer', 'This installation package could not be opened', 'Button1')
EndIf
Until ProcessExists('SomeProcess.exe')

; Wait for a process to close before ending the loop
While ProcessExists('SomeProcess.exe')
Sleep(2000)
If WinExists('Windows Installer', 'This installation package could not be opened') Then
ControlClick('Windows Installer', 'This installation package could not be opened', 'Button1')
EndIf
WEnd

:)

I've seen that error message from 7zip switchless installers using msistub.exe

Often the cause is a typo in the commandline executing the msi.

To see the commandline being used to execute the 7zip installer use this in a DOS prompt:

Find /I "RunProgram=" "anyfilename.exe"

Check the results against the files contained within the archive for typo's or missing files.

shark

TNX all

@MHz: As i have many .msi prog to install with WPI and the error message appear any time, I think i should use the second script "Wait for a process (wpi) to close before ending the loop". The problem is i cant' find what process it is, since wpi is launched by wpi.hta file.

@Shark007: Before relaunching this thread on Jan 12 2007, I've tested a new install on a virtual machine with a very restricted progs list and got the the Windows Installer error message.

Here bellow the .msi progs in that restricted progs list:

prog[pn]=[]
desc[pn]=['<CENTER><b>Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1.4322.2032 SP1</CENTER></b><br>RyanVM Package Switchless Installer.']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\software\\NetFramework\\dotnet11sp1.exe']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['System Tools']
ordr[pn]=[1]
pn++

prog[pn]=['MD5win32']
desc[pn]=['Hash reader make sure you have the downloaded file intact.']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\software\\RightClick\\MD5_Hash\\md5win32.msi /qn']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Right-Click Tweaks']
ordr[pn]=[725]
pn++

prog[pn]=['QuickSFV 2.32']
picf[pn]=['QuickSFV.gif']
desc[pn]=['<b>Quick Verification</b><br>QuickSFV was designed with one goal ... to be quick! Existing SFV file verification programs were slow and cumbersome to use.']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Software\\RightClick\\QSFV\\qsfv232.msi /qb']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
cat[pn]=['Right-Click Tweaks']
ordr[pn]=[782]
pn++

prog[pn]=['PathCopyEx']
desc[pn]=['A very simple shell extensionthat copies the text path of any file/folder in Explorer to the clipboard. Saves a bit of time on all those annoying Browse for Folder windows!']
cmd1[pn]=['%cdrom%\\Software\\RightClick\\PathCopy\\PathCopyEx.msi /QN']
dflt[pn]=['yes']
configs[pn]=['Corporate, HEN']
ordr[pn]=[780]
pn++

As you can notice, only NET Framework 1 (RyanVM Package Switchless Installer) is 7zip switchless installers using msistub.exe.

Moreover, this last year i made many UA/WPI installations; NET Framework 1 is the 1st prog to be installed and as far as i can remember i never got the Windows Installer error message at that 1st prog install.

Regards

coucou

Edited by coucou

The problem is i cant' find what process it is, since wpi is launched by wpi.hta file.

MSHTA.exe is the application for launching HTA files.

ProcessWait('MSHTA.exe', 60)
While ProcessExists('MSHTA.exe')
Sleep(2000)
EndIf
WEnd