How to create Shortcut into Quicklaunch?

Hi

I want to Create shortcuts into the Quicklaunch panel with cmd batch files and do several file operations to sort the Startmenu.

It dont work.

I´m using shortcut.exe v1.11 and copy xcopy command.

Is there a reg entry to disable the Documents and Settings folders write protect?

Start /Wait /B Shortcut.exe /f:"%USERSPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\eMule.lnk" /a:c /t:"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Programme\eMule\emule.exe" /W:"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Programme\eMule"

can anyone help?

thxia

k3vin

Is there a reg entry to disable the Documents and Settings folders write protect?

Start /Wait /B Shortcut.exe /f:"%USERSPROFILE%\Anwendungsdaten\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\eMule.lnk" /a:c /t:"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Programme\eMule\emule.exe" /W:"%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Programme\eMule"

:w00t: write protected? Sure of that? How come? why that?

I suspect something else. Or, if really write protected, even something else (and bad) protecting it in your back (how coward it is). Here, none of my quicklaunch shortcuts are protected. I would not tolerate it.

Let's start by the beginning: can you confirm that the above command does work?

I don't know Shortcut.exe but what does it says when you run that line without Start /B ?

Are the paths corrects (you have all your programs in %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Programme ?)

Why are they translated? Anwendungsdaten? Programme? My French XP has 'Application Data' and 'Program Files' in english, why not your?

Edited by Djé

Hi

I want to Create shortcuts into the Quicklaunch panel with cmd batch files and do several file operations to sort the Startmenu.

It dont work.

I´m using shortcut.exe v1.11 and copy xcopy command.

can anyone help?

thxia

k3vin

i use winrar Sfx & it works form me :)

;Quick Launch Fix
Path=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
Overwrite=1
Silent=1

Edited by slimzky