RIS - problems

.raven

hi,

i´m new in this forum. i´m from germany and i hope u can ignore my grammar probs. :D

i have a problem, i have installed Windows 2003 enterprise edition with RIS.

i configure the ris and installed a Windows XP SP1 flat image.

i have exactly 2 problems.

the first problem is that i can´t integrate the service pack 2 because in my version the service pack 1 is already installed. he call me there are sone hotfixes in my version and thats the reason i can´t integrate the service pack 2.

the other problem is more importent for me, i installed the RIS, i create a flat image and if i want to install winxp on a client he format my partition and then he called "i can´t format your partition", the ^prob is he formats my partition.

then he said the partiton is to small for install windows on it. i think its a funny answer, because the partition is 19 gb.

i hope someone can help me, its very importent.

.raven

Yeah...this thread should be moved there...

I'll go ahead and answer one of your questions for you though.

the first problem is that i can´t integrate the service pack 2 because in my version the service pack 1 is already installed. he call me there are sone hotfixes in my version and thats the reason i can´t integrate the service pack 2.

You need to delete the svcpack directory under i386 as well as delete the svcpack.inf file in the i386 directory. Once you do that you should be able to integrate SP2 and then all post-SP2 hotfixes.

Once the thread is moved someone more knowledgeable in RIS setups can probably answer the other question.