lightscribe

buggs1a

I just got an IO Magic internal 16x dvdrw lightscribe drive. It came with Nero OEM 6 and on the disc it says lightscribe if applicable. I installed it and it does have lightscribe info in one of the apps, I forget which one. Lightscribe settings i mean. How come I see nothing about lightscriber in Nero 7 or 6 retail? I have bought nero 6 ultra and there's nothing about lightscribe in it and i have installed nero 7 also and see nothing on lightscribe.

Also lightscribe.com says you need lightscribe software installed, not burner software, but lightscribe software like a driver or something. huh? my burner only came with nero.

i want to use nero 7 premium/ultra and lightscribe, but don't see how. even nero site says it has lightscribe in it.

man, as soon as i saw the title to this post, i KNEw you were going to ask this.

i had the exact same problem!

its easy to fix. just click the link below! on the page there is a list titled "LightScribe technology requires three elements:". just click the link to the "host software" in the fourth point, download, and install!

im pretty sure it works for Nero 6 and 7.

anyway, to USE lightscribe, once you have that installed, simply go to Nero's "Cover Designer". you can design a Disc Label there, and somewhere along the way youll be able to choose Lightscribe. i cant really recall off the top of my head, but post here agin if you need any further help.