Multi Manufacturer Pre-Activation

The SLP string 'HP PAVILION' may be in all caps but the BIOS contents is not. You'll do much better with:

S F000:0000 FFFF "HP Pavilion"

I can back this up. When i ran the command: S F000:0000 FFFF "HP PAVILION" it would not return anything. Using "HP Pavilion" instead, as it was exactly in the bios, returned the results in the areas i posted above.
Not every manufacturer uses WINNT.SIF but Dell does. This means you can construct a Home OEM cd for another Royalty system by changing the key in WINNT.SIF and overwrite the OEMBIOS.* files. The only drawback is that the Dell disk will include a few Dell only drivers that won't apply to your target system.

For your convenience, you should obtain a trustable n-in-1 XP CD, find the complete OEM distributions on them, and learn which and how to modify the remaining non OEM distributions to make them OEM.

For OEM MCE i started with a clean retail XP Pro,

1) Slipstreamed to SP2

2) Added hotfixes (didnt use integrate commands) and Media Player 10

3) Added patched uxtheme.dll and custom billboard files

4) Added $OEM$\$1\drivers directory and copied 300MB of assorted drivers extracted from the driver packs files

5) Copied over manufacture specific OEMBIOS files inside I386 and included an edited OOBEINFO.IN_ with the manufactures specific MCE slp key edited inside it along with a WINNT.SIF with same slp key. Used SETUPP.INI from an Dell OEM MCE 2K5

6) Added CMPNENTS folder from a MCE CD 2 in the root source directory

Burned all as bootable DVD.

For XP PRO OEM CDR:

Just replace MCE slp keys inside WINNT.SIF and OOBEINFO with manufacture specific SLP XP Pro keys instead and skip the MCE CMPNENTS folder.

Edited by Randy Rhoads

Being this is a oem multi manufacture thread here are 6 multi manufacture XP MCE SP2 root folder "starter kits" for Dell, HP-Compaq, HP Pavilion, Gateway, Sony, and Toshiba that have custom setup.exe's, that reflect the OEM name, oembios.bin crc, and oembios slp string values and other root files needed.

I also edited setup.exe so it can run CrystalDMI and the computer report vbs. Also included the oeminfo and oemlogo files in the correct folders. The oeminfo file also reflects crc and slp bios values so edit these and the setup.exe to match the oem files you use if they differ from mine.

Just add your MCE SLP XP PRO I386 folder with matching manufacture OEMBIOS files and keys for each and the MCE files inside the empty CMPNENTS folder i included and burn as a bootable DVD.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29921174/OEM_MCE_ROOT.rar.html

Edited by Randy Rhoads

We have company! Can we get a link, text improvements, and updates to the new CRC's? It's best if we all stick to the same CRC scheme.

http://forums.onforce.com/viewtopic.php?t=9997

The guy has a nice list...wonder if he knows he got the 2 crc shemes all mixed up...sucker! :)

Bezalel, this topic 1 big mess now...from hex , 1ste crc sheme and now 2e sheme, would it be wise to let this one be locked and start over?

Edited by FreeStyler

Is their a real benefit for swithing to another sheme?

As far as i can tell current CRC sheme works well, unless a theoraticly issue which will never appear there is no need to switch?

Bezalel, is there more to it?

One reason is that OEMBIOS.BIN is the only of the 4 files that contains no information at all. It is the only one that is easily made all the same if there was a need. It is unfortunate that I chose it simply because it was the largest hoping it would be the most valuable. This project is still in it's infancy so the base CRC is still easy to change.

Is their a real benefit for swithing to another sheme?

As far as i can tell current CRC sheme works well, unless a theoraticly issue which will never appear there is no need to switch?

Bezalel, is there more to it?

I am planning to validate the files during the install process. I will be starting with the CAT and checking the CRC32 hash. Once I've validated the CAT I'll retreive the SHA1 hashes and validate the rest of the files. Since the CAT is the only file that can never be reused in another set it is the best source for a unique identifier.

I'm not worried about someone hacking the CRC32 of the CAT because doing that would invalidate the CAT.

I need some help. I have read all the pages on this thread, plus the other thread for making a CD. I have tried the automatic script in cmdlines, and I have also taken a Dell Original Disk (sp1), slipstreamed to Sp2. (with confirmed SLP Key, and OEMBIOS files). Everything seems to work great, up to the point of WGA, WGA says the machine needs to be activated. the MGADiag tool says the same. It recongizes it as an OEM SLP, etc but I can not seem to get past the activation requirement. Windows itself does not seem to care about activation and seems to be content, until I run the MGAGiag tool, then it pops up the activation wizard, otherwise it never seems to show up.

---MGADiag Report ---

Diagnostic Report (1.5.0540.0):

-----------------------------------------

WGA Data-->

Genuine Validation Status: Not Activated

Windows Product Key: *****-*****-GD6GR-K6DP3-4C8MT

Windows Product Key Hash: s2kt66ZJWfV4nS1wFD5F9bxTSDw=

Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00102

Windows Product ID Type: 2

Windows License Type: OEM SLP

Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom

Download Center code: 8KYN7N4

ID: 24535767-cd68-4b7a-af27-dfc534066361

Is Admin: Yes

AutoDial:

Registry: 0x0

WGA Version: Registered, 1.5.530.0

Signature Type: Microsoft

Validation Diagnostic:

System Scan Data-->

Scan: Complete

Cryptography: Complete

Notifications Data-->

Cached Result: N/A

Cache refresh Interval: N/A

Extended notification delay(non-genuine): N/A

Extended notification delay(un-activated): N/A

All disabled: N/A

Reminder reduced: N/A

File Exists: No

Version: N/A

Signatue Type: N/A

OGA Data-->

Office Status: 109

Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-467-80070002

Browser Data-->

Proxy settings: N/A

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)

Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

Active scripting: Allowed

Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->

Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>24535767-cd68-4b7a-af27-dfc534066361</UGUID><Version>1.5.0540.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-4C8MT</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1708537768-484763869-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell System</Manufacturer><Model>VMware Virtual Platform</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="31"/><Date>20050729000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>764435070184166D</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Pacific Standard Time(GMT-08:00)</TimeZone></MachineData> <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

---

Any tips? I have tried this on a true Dell machine, and a vmware image that I managed to 'fix' (see above)

-A

I need some help. I have read all the pages on this thread, plus the other thread for making a CD. I have tried the automatic script in cmdlines, and I have also taken a Dell Original Disk (sp1), slipstreamed to Sp2. (with confirmed SLP Key, and OEMBIOS files). Everything seems to work great, up to the point of WGA, WGA says the machine needs to be activated. the MGADiag tool says the same. It recongizes it as an OEM SLP, etc but I can not seem to get past the activation requirement. Windows itself does not seem to care about activation and seems to be content, until I run the MGAGiag tool, then it pops up the activation wizard, otherwise it never seems to show up.

[sNIP/]

---

Any tips? I have tried this on a true Dell machine, and a vmware image that I managed to 'fix' (see above)

-A

You can't just drop a SLP string into the bios, it needs to be within a specific address range. I will not elaborate further, this project is designed to allow you to use the same source on multiple machines that qualify for SLP activation it is not intended to bypass activation on systems that require activation.

To test a oem cd project stick to oembios files that only looks for one word in the bios and edit that into Vmware. Once you get a cd working correctly in Vmware and want to make a differnt disk, just copy the whole cd contents inside a new empty subfolder, go inside the I386 and replace the keys inside winnt.sif and oobeinfo.ini to match the next wanted manufacturer slp key and replace the 4 OEMBIOS files.

Once done, name the subfolder to the manufacturer's name so ya dont get them mixed up. The newer OEMBIOS files, especially Dell, Sony, and Gateway, are more strict to the details of the bios strings and locations.

Edited by Randy Rhoads

You can't just drop a SLP string into the bios, it needs to be within a specific address range. I will not elaborate further, this project is designed to allow you to use the same source on multiple machines that qualify for SLP activation it is not intended to bypass activation on systems that require activation.

Bezalel,

I am not trying to pirate, just test my cd without having to burn a bunch of cds. I was attempting to do the same thing as FreeStyle. I didn't just add the string randomly, i replaced a current string.

But besides that, you must have missed the part where I said i tried it on a Dell Computer, and Inspiron 5100 to be exact. and it fails with the exact same problem, which is why i started working on vmware.

so does the MGADiag tool show anything useful to you guys that may be able to point me in the right direction?

originally i used regular oem media, with the slp key/oembios files, and then I was able to get my hands on a Dell XP Home SP1 cd, that had the correct OEMBIOS files/ original winnt.sif and $OEM$ directory, etc. I slipstreamed that to sp2. (I have not tried the original yet, to see if that would work).

It should be possible to pre-activate

...at least on the original on the DELL hardware

...if you had read this topic thoroughly you would have known no one here has been able to use DELL Oembios files on VMWare or Virtual PC (as these require the strings to be in a specific part of the bios)

You might try to debug on the real DELL pc, more info & instructions here

Bezalel,

I am not trying to pirate, just test my cd without having to burn a bunch of cds. I was attempting to do the same thing as FreeStyle. I didn't just add the string randomly, i replaced a current string.

But besides that, you must have missed the part where I said i tried it on a Dell Computer, and Inspiron 5100 to be exact. and it fails with the exact same problem, which is why i started working on vmware.

so does the MGADiag tool show anything useful to you guys that may be able to point me in the right direction?

originally i used regular oem media, with the slp key/oembios files, and then I was able to get my hands on a Dell XP Home SP1 cd, that had the correct OEMBIOS files/ original winnt.sif and $OEM$ directory, etc. I slipstreamed that to sp2. (I have not tried the original yet, to see if that would work).

Try running the following lines in debug on the Dell and post the results. This should provide me with enough information to determine which oembios set you should be using.

S F000:0000 FFFF "Dell Computer"
S F000:0000 FFFF "Dell Inc"
S F000:0000 FFFF "Dell System"
S F000:0000 FFFF "Dell Quanta"