Internet Explorer

Adam87

Its probably something simple but I can't find it.

On internet explorer, when scrolling it does some kind of wave / blind effect and it is really getting on my nerves. I can't find the setting to disable it.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

-Adam

I tried it. It didn't work unfortunatly. :( All it did was enable / disable the smooth scrolling check box in internet explorer tools. I still get this stupid effect with it enabled or disabled. I hope I figure it out soon, Its begining to hurt my eyes :wacko: .

Thanks

Is hardware acceleration for your video card set to maximum? (Rightclick Desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, Performance...)

The rippling effect can occur if hardware acceleration has been disabled and the processor has to do the scrolling instead.

Only with IE, or any application which you scroll in the same way?

What is the refresh rate on your monitor set to, and what is it capable of?

Im not sure what the refresh rate is. I just built this computer and I havent gotten my own monitor yet, I am borrowing an Old dell monitor from my friend.

I have realized its not just IE, its any application that scrolls.

Is hardware acceleration for your video card set to maximum? (Rightclick Desktop, Properties, Settings, Advanced, Performance...)

The rippling effect can occur if hardware acceleration has been disabled and the processor has to do the scrolling instead.

The hardware acceleration is set to max.

It may be the monitor. I'll have to wait untill I get another monitor to test it.

I've got a similar problem. I've put the hardware acceleration down to none and it stops doing it, obviously this is a tempory solution, any permanant repairs?

I've got a similar problem. I've put the hardware acceleration down to none and it stops doing it, obviously this is a tempory solution, any permanant repairs?

My monitor on the standard VGA doesn't let me increase the refresh rate, but when I install my old graphics card (GeForce FX 5500) which I am still having driver problems, I can increase the refresh rate and that fixes it.

I tried putting my hardware acceleration to none and that works also.