dell Gx520 with dvd writer

Viper999

I am having a problem with Dell GX520 with DVD writer. I have an unattended cd that works great for all the Dell equipment in my environment except for the 520 with a DVD writer. I am using Pyron's method which works for all laptops and desktops in my environment except this situation. I have checked the txtsetup.sif to make sure there is no space after the end of file marker. What happens is the Pc first comes up it goes into an endless reboot. This model uses the intel chipset and I have tried dirvers directly from dell and Intel. I have even tried copying all the cats and inf files to the $OEM$\$$\INf directory and that does not see to work. The only thing that seems to work is running a silent install of the drivers using the setup with silent switches. I would like to see if there is a way to get this to go without doing the silent install. I have used the R96614 driver from dell. I would appreciate any feedback. This site is the greatest !!!!!

I think the problem here is, what i often encounter doing my own drivers installations, that some device picks up wrong driver. If you have lots of drivers included on your cd for diffrent models it may happen that Windows picks up driver that 'fits his needs' but actually is driver for slightly diffrent model which makes your computer blue screen all the time. You could try just implementing on your cd drivers for EXACTLY just that model you're trying without all other drivers for other dells. Check it out. Hope it helps.

I am having a problem with Dell GX520 with DVD writer. I have an unattended cd that works great for all the Dell equipment in my environment except for the 520 with a DVD writer.

As i understand it you are saying that u use one unattended cd with drivers for all the DELL laptops and desktop computers. And it works for all besides the 520 model. What i would suggest you:

1. Get clean WIndows XP CD

2. Create unnattended

3. Add drivers for only 520 model. No other laptops/desktops. Eventually test adding drivers for that 520 model one by one. For example: first add graphic drivers, compile your unnatended cd and try installing WIndows. Then add audio, compile and check if audio+vga works fine and no reboots. And so on. Maybe one of the drivers is causing the loop.