Build my own website

Hi, i am looking to build my own website. I have had an e commerce site built buy an Australian company but it is ranking very poorly even after we have spent good money on optimization etc.

My goal now is to build my own site. Is there a software package available to build a site that can be effectively optimized and edited?

Like to hear from Australian sources.

Hello. You'r Service Provider must have cPanel (or any other form of management) that will allow you to use 'One Click Install's'.

This allows you to install various kinds of Software just by using the Management console.

On cPanel, you should look at Fantastico, other forms of management you should ask your SP for information.

An alternative to that would be downloading the package and installing it on the server.

A free package is OSCommerce. A paid version that by default comes with cPanel is CubeCart.

Hope I could help.

Just to warn the Thread starter that ... Coding a complete eCommerce site is no joke. I *seriously* recommend you choose a software package already built. You can then edit, change, add or delete pretty much all you want.

• 3 weeks later...

Where is your website? Perhaps if I could have a look at it I could tell you how to easily improve it's presentation...

Mine: http://plamdi.com

Though I've also been looking into pure CSS webdesign, just because of the beauty (it's easy to apply new themes without modifying any HTML code, presents in IE and Mozilla equally and doesn't use tables)... though I've always found it easier to work with tables... usually nested inside more tables.