Extract installshield

Danielb

Hi im having trouble installing my boomslang mouse, i want to get at the driver, but its inside the setup.exe. Anyone know of a peice of software to do this, i saw a thread on nero 7 that did it i think, cant find it now :-(

Thank you.

once the setup has run, it should be in C:\program files\razer

you could try installling 7zip and then right clicking the file and pressing extract..

Edited by bledd

Cheers was there, computer wont recognise it hence i missed it, dont know why i bother, bough microsoft 4000 keyboard for 30.00 which is crap, have to hammer the keys. Now this 20.00 crappy mouse, cant change the sensitivity :realmad:

There's three files on various web sites: icomp.exe, i5comp.exe, and i6comp.exe that will decompress different versions of InstallShield cab files from the command line. Google should yield quick results.

Edited by RogueSpear

There's three files on various web sites: icomp.exe, i5comp.exe, and i6comp.exe that will decompress different versions of InstallShield cab files from the command line. Google should yield quick results.

Exactly what I'm using. i6comp.exe should do the job in 99% percent of the cases.

I remember there's a GUI for these CLI tools too...

I use Drivermagican for jobs like that.

http://www.drivermagician.com

Driver Magician offers a professional solution for device drivers backup, restoration and update in Windows operating system. It identifies all the hardware in the system, extracts their associated drivers from the hard disk and backs them up to a location of your choice. Then when you format and reinstall/upgrade your operating system, you can restore all the "saved" drivers just as if you had the original driver diskettes in your hands. After one system reboot, your PC will be loaded and running with the required hardware drivers.

What's more, Driver Magician has a built in database of the latest drivers with the ability to go to the Internet to receive the driver updates. It saves lots of time to find the correct drivers and mature drivers will obviously increase the performance of hardware. If there are unknown devices in your PC, Driver Magician helps you to detect them easily and quickly with its built in hardware identifier database.

Awards Key features

Back up device drivers of your computer in four modes.
Restore device drivers from backup in one mouse click.
Update device drivers of your PC to improve system performance and stability.
Live Update device identifier database and driver update database.
Detect unknown devices.
Back up more items such as My Documents and Registry.
Restore more items from backup.
Get detailed information of the hardware drivers.
Clone all drivers to an auto-setup package (.EXE), so you can restore drivers without installing Driver Magician.

Edited by muiz