RunOnceEX not to wait..

I have one aplication i want to activate through runonceexe.cmd but then want the cmd file to continue to the next command.

at present it waits till the current install has completed before moving on.

is there a way to get it to move to the next line without waiting..? only want to do this for 1 or two lines not all..

in using the runonceex as explained here.. http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/v...d0bbda27204c49/

Edited by chiners_68

Most people avoid running multiple installations simultaneously, for obvious reasons. I guess that explains the poor response to your initial post.

Instead of calling your program directly from the RunOnceEx line, why not use a .cmd file execute it? It should close as soon as it opens the program, leaving RunOnceEx to proceed to the next line. I have yet to try this, so I don't know how well it will work (or guarantee its stability). It's simple enough to try right away, though.

ill give it ago.

i ciurrently call my office install as the path is long pointing to an mst file. the only problem is, is the cmd box stays open till office has completed. This may not be the case for all aplications so ill give it a go..

ill give it ago.

i ciurrently call my office install as the path is long pointing to an mst file. the only problem is, is the cmd box stays open till office has completed. This may not be the case for all aplications so ill give it a go..

i believe as long as you don't use "start /wait" and put a quit at the end of your cmd statement, it should close your command box up.

hope that helps