Windows Defender Update Error

osadeghi

After being unsuccessful at updating the definitions through the app i restarted my BIT service and that didint work so I went directly to Windows Update. After scanning for updates it popped up with this as needed "Definition update 1.14.1325.6 for BETA Windows Defender (KB915597)". So i downloaded it and the next screen reminded me that there was another critical update. To my surprise it was the exact same one. So I amused myself by downloading it again and what do you know, Microsoft was walking me in circles. I dont know if this is accurate but take a look at the size of this update. Is it just me or could the reason that so many of us are receiving errors from Windows Defender stating that our definitions are too old due to this.

winup.gif

LOL... thats too funny.....

There is actually a work around the updating issue by following these steps:

1. Remove the current signature file. To do this, click Start, click Run, type Msiexec /x {A5CC2A09-E9D3-49EC-923D-03874BBD4C2C}, and then click OK.

2. Open Windows Defender. To do this, click Start, click Programs, and then click Windows Defender.

3. Check for new definitions. To do this, click the Help options arrow next to the Windows Defender Help icon, click About Windows Defender, and then click Check for Updates.

Article ID : 915105

Last Review : February 20, 2006

Revision : 1.1

But nonetheless our posts were quite amusing.

Have a nice Day!