how to enter to drive without sharing it

Michael,

You need to probably enable "normal" XP sharing. To do that Go to Control Panel/Folder Options/View/Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended) and TURN THAT OPTION OFF!!! I know it says that it is recommended to have that option on, but to accomplish this sharing you need to disable that feature.

Then you should get the ability to login as another user other than guest. You could enable the guest account, but this is too dangerous to do. Disabling simple file sharing works better and is much more secure.

The last thing I would suggest to make it easier is to set the administrator account (or Mariam - an admin) passwords all the same. This way if you login to your PC as Mariam and the remote PC has the same Mariam account and password it will simply cache the login and pass you right through. I do this in small offices where they do not have an Active Directory server. This way you can get onto any PC using the admin account without having to remember 5-6 passwords.

Edited by cyberpyr8

Let see if I understand what you should have:

a.) A computer that I call "local", whose name is "XXXXXX" with IP address 10.2.7.x

a.1) A user account with Administrator rights in this "local" computer ("XXXXXX") called Marian whose login is "Marian" and whose password is "Yourpass"

b.) A computer that I call "remote", whose name is "ERINI" with IP address 10.2.7.2

that's right
b.1) A user account with Administrator rights in this "remote" computer ("ERINI") called Marian whose login is "Marian" and whose password is "Yourpass"

i don't understand how i can do it

If you don't have the above situation, please post the corresponding information.

jaclaz

thank's for being so helpfull

may god bless you.

@cyberpyr8

to Control Panel/Folder Options/View/Use Simple File Sharing

where it is????

This way if you login to your PC as Mariam and the remote PC has the same Mariam account and password it will simply cache the login and pass you right through.

if i'm in computer with Mariam account in Administrator

how can be the remoter pc br the same account as Mariam??

thanks very much.

Edited by MichaelMagdy