FAQ | USB drivers question

JmcClain_MI

I am creating a Windows 2000/XP Image for both a Dell GX280 and GX520, I am trying to incorporate the USB drivers for both the default keyboard and mouse and have it be recognized on EACH of the USB slots on the machine, the problem I was having in the past is when I created a image and then have it Sysprepped, when the sysprep process was over and if any the keyboard and mouse was plugged into a USB Slot that did not have the peripherals initially connected into those exact USB Slots then the system would not recognized the devices initially and a hard reboot would be necessary at the login screen(occasionally several reboots) until the devices were recognized, I know a manual way of doing this is just to plug the peripherals into each USB slot on the machine and have it be recogonized before the sysprep process began but I would like to automate this process, any help would be very appreciated, Thank You. :)

Edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky

Just copy the driver's .inf file to $OEM$\$$\inf and the .sys file to $OEM$\$$\system32 and it should get recognized automatically, during and after setup!

OR

Create any folder on your HDD, for example C:\Windows\myDrivers\ and add it to the DevicePath regkey (google for it). Windows XP will now automatically search this folder for drivers when new hardware is found!