[Question] Nero 7.x plugin registration.

BoardBabe

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Installation\Families\Plugins\Info]
"Serial7_1139205157"="*123412341234"
"Serial7_1139205177"="*123412341234"
"Serial7_1139205197"="*123412341234"
"Serial7_1139205216"="*123412341234"
"Serial7_1139205227"="*123412341234"

Edited by InViSibLe Gr

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

"Serial7_1139205157"="*123412341234" <--- mp3 pro plugin
"Serial7_1139205177"="*123412341234" <--- advanced audio plugin
"Serial7_1139205197"="*123412341234" <--- multichannel plugin
"Serial7_1139205216"="*123412341234" <--- dvd-video plugin
"Serial7_1139205227"="*123412341234" <--- blue ray hd dvd plyback plugin

this is how the are on my pc BUT i noticed something

the names of the values ( Serial7_1139205157 ) etc in my real pc are different from the ones in vmware

so.. to be sure add the codes in nero with the manual way and then go to

and export it because the value names may be not the same in your pc

As far as I know, no one ahs yet figured out how to add the registration for Nero plugins. By the way, Nero 7 Premium already includes all the Plug-Ins except for the 'mp3 pro plugin', thus this is not that important anyhow.

PS: I said "as far as I know", so it is possible someone out there might have done it. But, believe me I have searched for quite a long time, without any success.

Edited by Sanjay

Ok Boardbabe thanks for trying i think this will be one of those programs when it has to be installed the export the reg file
:(

P.S.tried your new autoit version but smartstart dindn't install could be problems on my side i didn't do a clean install. :}

The autoit script works perfectly fine for me, including installing 'Smart Start'. I did make some changes to the script but the changes were only adding a few more registry entries:

; Disable the CD/DVD from ejecting after burning is complete.
$EjectTheCDLater = 1
If $EjectTheCDLater = 1 Then RegWrite('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General', 'EjectTheCDLater', 'REG_DWORD', '1')

; Enable Nero Waiting For Disc Sound.
$CdChangeCheck = 1
If $CdChangeCheck = 1 Then RegWrite('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General', 'CdChangeCheck', 'REG_DWORD', '1')

; Enable Burn Process Fail Sound.
$CdFailCheck = 1
If $CdFailCheck = 1 Then RegWrite('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General', 'CdFailCheck', 'REG_DWORD', '1')

; Enable Burn Process Successful Sound.
$CdSuccessCheck = 1
If $CdSuccessCheck = 1 Then RegWrite('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\General', 'CdSuccessCheck', 'REG_DWORD', '1')

; Enable Short Lead-Out.
$ShortLeadOut = 1
If $ShortLeadOut = 1 Then RegWrite('HKCU\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero - Burning Rom\Recorder', 'ShortLeadOut', 'REG_DWORD', '375')

PS: Nero 7 Premium already includes all the Plug-Ins except for the 'mp3 pro plugin'.

Edited by Sanjay

Did StartSmart install by setting my script to 1 ? I didn't get that to work...

Yes I did and it works perfectly for me.

Script updated, resolved previous issues thanks to MHz.

Could you please specify what were the issues with the old script that have been resolved in the new one. The reason I ask is because the old script seemed to work perfectly for me.

Edited by Sanjay

Mainly the include/exclude code has been redesigned as part of setting the correct installation switchline dependant of user configuration. Some systems would fail to install eg. StartSmart by setting the value to 1, wich now will work on any system. There are also added a couple more Nero configuration options, and some minor code changes.

It is not important to update if the old script worked for you.

There is a problem with installing using this script. I don't know if it is a problem or if it actually is by design, although I presume it is a problem since I can't imagine why it would be by design.

The problem:

The installation is fine and everything works fine except that the function to register any of the programs with 'Auto Play' is not available. In other words when I insert a blank CD/DVD in the writer, the 'Auto Play' function of windows popups and asks what program to use depending on the type of CD/DVD inserted. But none of the Nero programs are listed as an option.