Copyright, Activation in future..... imagine

roy1984

Hi there, I am Roy Tan from Malaysia

I having a fresh idea about copyright, activation and product protection.

This is an example from my mind:

1. Is that possible the software copyright can be protected by using smartcard in the future?

2. So that we can avoid the problem like enterprise that with lots of PC need to install and using different CD-key one by one and activate one by one. We just need to clone the hard disk and then the software or operating system detect the smartcard information of the owner's license.

3. Each registration of copyright use of software can be stored in smartcard; that's mean the owner having the permission to use the software or not.

I getting this idea because of my own is a cybercafe admin, I have been work within the job almost three years. I found out the the games protection is being stronger and not suitable for a public cybercafe. Because a cybercafe support up a lot of games inside thier terminal. How possible that a computer with 3 to 4 CD-ROM and support up all the original license games?

but,

If using a smartcard verify to protect the copyright of distributor, I guess this is a good way to slove the problem

Most of the cybercafe or an enterprise with thier own system, it is the system technician need to install every OS and application softwares one by one? For me is NO. I will using a disk image clone software.

and the windows WPA will detected some different hardware will back to begin and ask for re-activate the Windows. It's a problem to me. Need to re-activate and renew CD-key one by one.

Microsoft Windows activate with smartcard, how is it sound?

Give system technical support admin easy

Give programmer copyright

Give distributor reality sale

So far.... Let's see my topic is support by you all or not B)

and we will discuss more then that

Edited by roy1984

What you're talking about is essentially hardware protection i.e. d0ngles which have been around since the 1980s. Read some more information about software copy-protection systems.

Edited by LLXX