MSN 6.0!

zekoeN

...Although I can c the My

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER...

Yikes! You should be able to see at least "Software" under HKEY_CURRENT_USER. Maybe there's something wrong with the registry.

ooo forgot to say I could find software but cant find msn... all my other programs like yahoo, kazzaa etc. r there though! think i'l stick with 5.0 at this rate hehe x

ooo forgot to say I could find software but cant find msn... all my other programs like yahoo, kazzaa etc. r there though! think i'l stick with 5.0 at this rate hehe x

It's under "Microsoft" :)

It's under "Microsoft" :)

that doesnt work either, nvm-just gonna stick with msn 5.0

• 2 weeks later...
lol..it didnt work.  But i persevered and now have found the soloution.

I dont take credit for this.  I only know its worked for my mate and he now loves me lol. 

Hey OMG  after searching on the net for solutions to this problem, I've found one! Well this works for Windows ME but it might work for you also. I'll just copy and paste what some dude wrote from another message board. NOTE: I did NOT come up with this, nor am i taking credit

Ok, heres what to do. Uninstall any versions of MSN5 and MSN6 you may have

tried to install.

This procedure involves editing the registry, do so at your own risk, and

only if you feel confident doing so.

Start the registry editor by clicking Start, then Run, enter "regedit" and

click OK.

Then go to (they look like small folders) My

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger.

Click the 'MSNMessenger' key (which again, looks like a folder), then go to

the Edit menu, and then choose Delete.

Say "Yes" to confirm the operation. Then re-install MSN Messenger 6.

Good luck and cheers,

Michael Robinson,

SYDNEY, AU.

END QUOTE

I talked my friend through it using yahoo...he signed back into msn after reinstalling. No probs.  Dont try it unless ur sure you know what your doing tho.... :rolleyes:

I had the same problem as some people here. I have Windows ME, and when I download it, it froze on the sing in. I did what cheekylass said, and it worked. Thank U so much. :rofl: :)

• 4 weeks later...

ive tried installing 6.0 but it pops up an alert saying i have to download it from the site and ive tried doing that but it will just freeze. my comp is windows2000 NT does that have anything to do with it? its kinda p***ing me off. :)