Voice Activation Software

BigDaddy26687

I bought a used IBM Aptiva with Windows 98. The system came with a microphone and I was told the system came new with voice activation software that would type what I said but I can't seem to find what software operates it. Does anyone know what software may have come with this system which is voice activated?

Well, the microphone wasn't meant for that.

There have been several Voice Recognition software packages including one from IBM. They were really BAD and I never saw one work as it was supposed to. Sorry I can't remember the names.

The mic. is best used for voice chat rooms or recording your own voice. It's not music quality.

Cheers,

Andromeda43

There is NO voice recognition software that comes with the Generic version of Windows anything.

Some old mfgrs used to add some to their computers before they shipped. But none of it was worth a crap and never found a real place in the world.

You had to "train" it to recognize your own voice (just one person) and then if you went to use it one day that you had a little cold in your nose, it wouldn't recognize you at all.

Even then you could dictate to it for ten minutes and then spend a half hour making corrections.

The technology just ain't there yet. Maybe someday.

:cheers:

The Doctor (Andromeda43)