Windows Vista Experience - Digital Memories

alsiladka

Till now only Music and Vista experience was showcased. I just saw that now even the digital memories is showcased. Tv and Movies is still to come

Digital Memories and Windows Vista

Today, you can capture the best moments of your life with your digital camera. Your favorite memories—from small moments to big events—are preserved in your digital images. This has changed not only the way we take pictures, but the way we store them, too. Rather than having piles of photos and negatives stored in shoeboxes, you may have hundreds, or even thousands, of photos stored on your computer. As you store more pictures on your computer, it can become challenging to find, organize, and share them.

Windows Vista lets you handle your digital memories in a truly intuitive way. It's the center for your digital memories, where you can import your pictures, organize and find them, make basic corrections, and save them to CD or DVD. It's also your photo gallery, with a virtually endless number of photo albums and a variety of ways to share pictures with your friends and family.

With Windows Vista, your photos and the tools you need are all in one place. Whether you're working with photos or video, editing or e-mailing your pictures, or putting together a slide show for your next party, you will have the tools to get it done—and more—quickly and easily.

I saw all the best memories of my life fading away from my hard-disk, when it messed with my partition table (during install)..... :blink:

did this really happen to you?

btw anyone who keeps important pictures, docs, etc on their pc should keep it on second hard drive and back it up to dvd5 occasionally. NEVER install an OS on the same hard drive, even if on different partitions. Hell whenever I upgrade the OS i unplug my data drives.

It was ALMOST about to happen to me.

The graphical partitioner of vista (during setup) has been a bother since the first alphas! I delete a partition, re-make & format it.... & the next I know, disk management shows my 20 gig partition as 600 GB & so on, for all my 8 partitions (and partition magic exits with a #701 error). As much as I'd like to see it true, I dont have

600 GB * 8 = 4800 GB.

:blink:

:P

I finally backed up all data to another hard-disk & re-created my partitions, so no data-loss currently (touch wood!).

I saw all the best memories of my life fading away from my hard-disk, when it messed with my partition table (during install).....
Wooh , Scary though Pratham.

I suggest using Yahoo Photos as an backup option. Cant think of risking my momories on something which can crash just anytime .

The graphical partitioner of vista (during setup) has been a bother since the first alphas! I delete a partition, re-make & format it.... & the next I know, disk management shows my 20 gig partition as 600 GB & so on, for all my 8 partitions (and partition magic exits with a #701 error). As much as I'd like to see it true, I dont have600 GB * 8 = 4800 GB.

Wov , thats cool. They have not bothored correcting it yet?

Its NOT pratham, its prathap. :)

Yahoo! Photos cant store 3 GB of images & 56 GB of other documents created over the years.

I'm backing up to DVD-RW in any case, just wanted to announce my problem & bring it to notice, so that nobody else needs to suffer what I was ABOUT to.

Interesting. While we're on the subject of data loss, I'd like to stress the importance of backing up. Twice I've lost about 40GB of important files accidentally. One time, I foolishly deleted the wrong partition in Windows Setup, and only realized my mistake when the Windows files had overwritten any chance of recovery.

Its NOT pratham, its prathap.
Well , uhhm , never had a close look at it. Pratham is the more common name so thought it must have been that only.
Yahoo! Photos cant store 3 GB of images & 56 GB of other documents created over the years.I'm backing up to DVD-RW in any case, just wanted to announce my problem & bring it to notice, so that nobody else needs to suffer what I was ABOUT to.

Well , this certainly seems a bit too much *LOL

if it is really close to your heart , then how about another hard drive?

write them onto it and keep it aside with you :)

And keeping this thread off topic-

Backing up and backup media is going to be a big issue down the road. Right now, we just copy to one type of media or another and don't really consider the shelf life or I should say a lot of people don't. A lot aren't even aware that there is a life span on disks. Many old classic movies were lost to being on celuloid film and now they are gone forever. It wasn't a consideration at the time. Ten-fifteen years down the road and we are going to start hearing people making noise about how their precious memories have flaked away with their disks(read this as a possible opportunity. They are going to need to get them recovered if they have not completely decomposed). My 2 cents.

What do you consider the best/affordable media currently in use for long term storage? (Yeah, yeah, I'll do a search)

DL