SATA/RAID Drivers

trm96

I have 2 questions first of witch is a bit off-topic but i will ask anyway, Installing SATA drivers: I press F6 and insert the driver disk and load the driver so that windows setup sees the SATA HDD but when setup goes to copy over the driver for the installation of windows it cant find the driver files (I did not remove the driver disk form the floppy drive) so my first question is how do i make it copy over the drivers form the floppy? I thought i should just add the drivers to my XP DVD but i have been unable to do so as of yet. I have read the offical guide and have searched the forums but still connot figure it out. I have a "Promise FastTrak TX2200" controller i have downloaded (and put onto another floppy) the new drivers from the Promise website. I can upload copys of my txtsetup.sif and winnt.sif if need be.

i figured out this one by myself after going crazy for days long time ago:

1) you cant use F6 drivers in an unattended windows setup. you can load them but at the finish stage you will get an error that setup cant copy the driver files.

2) the answer is to load your drivers in an unattended way. i think is hard because i cant get my SiS180 SATA Raid drivers to work properly. so try using basrat the sneaky's driverpacks or search to see if you can find the proper lines of code to add to txtsetup.sif (i really couldnt do it with my hardware so i disable it for now.)

i figured out this one by myself after going crazy for days long time ago:

1) you cant use F6 drivers in an unattended windows setup. you can load them but at the finish stage you will get an error that setup cant copy the driver files.

2) the answer is to load your drivers in an unattended way. i think is hard because i cant get my SiS180 SATA Raid drivers to work properly. so try using basrat the sneaky's driverpacks or search to see if you can find the proper lines of code to add to txtsetup.sif (i really couldnt do it with my hardware so i disable it for now.)

Thank you soooooo much for the reply it really helped! :thumbup:thumbup

The reason F6 doesn't work with unattended discs is because of OEMPreinstall=Yes in winnt.sif. Therefore, if you're not using an $OEM$ directory, you can probably set that to No and be able to use a floppy.

And for the record, your problem is one of the most commonly asked about questions here. Try searching a bit more next time and you'll probably get a more timely answer compared to waiting for someone to reply to your post instead.