Run a DLL as an App has stopped working!?!

Wuhtzu

Hey guys

I'm trying out Windows Vista Beta build 5308 in VM Workstation 5, with a WinXP hostmachine.

I would like to try the Speech Recognition, but every time I click on for example Set Up Microfone or Set Up Speech Recognition I get the error:

Run a DLL as an App has stopped working

This screenshot shows the error:

http://humlebo.com/random/run_dll_stopped_working.jpg

When I try something else in the control panel, like Sound Devices and Sound Themes, Windows Defender asks me if i want to run this DLL as an app, so how come it doesn't work in the speech recognition part?

Any help would be great

Wuhtzu

is your sound card being passed successfully into the VM? it might be the passthrough of the sound card and mic that is killing it not the running a dll as an app. the dll is being run, trying to get the sound passed through is killing it

Well it is possible, but I think my audio/sound-device is passed through correctly, because I can hear sounds in Vista, like music, error sounds ect...

But if you think the "error" you speak of can occure even when the sound is working, then please tell me more about that :)

Wuhtzu

• 2 weeks later...

Hey men, I had the same problem and cannot find any solution...

****, Speech Recognition is soooo good :)

I just went to Start > Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access > Speech Recognition

And then I managed to use this wonderful tool...

But if you go to the menu of speech recognition and clic on one of the 6 first options, it will crash...

This is not a problem at all as these menus can be found via the console of Speech Recognition.

Have fun...