crss.exe ?

ukko

crss was giving me trouble 2... it was lagging EVERYTHING... and I figured out it was cuz I had MenuShowDelay set to 0 and I guess it messes up Win2k3 HEHE... I set it to 1..

Probably not your problem tho :rolleyes:

Mebbe you need an update or a different codec :)

crss was giving me trouble 2... it was lagging EVERYTHING... and I figured out it was cuz I had MenuShowDelay set to 0 and I guess it messes up Win2k3 HEHE... I set it to 1..

Where can i see whats my menushowdelay?

Where can i see whats my menushowdelay?

Found it, It was 400, nothing happened when i changed to 1

I know ukko, the menu show delay just adjusts the delay for when you hover over menu's like the start menu. It was just a little problem I had that affected crss.exe... so I'm guessing either you have something configured incorrectly or you're using a wrong codec which is causing all that lameage CPU usage... but I'm not certain what the cause would be :)

may i remind yas all. csrss.exe is a very important system process, try not to mess it up  :rolleyes:

When I shake my windows around, crss.exe gets ~60% cpu usage.

Seriously, WTF is up :)

I'm just loving this OS except that thing which is lagging EVERYTHING.

So, the same problem as K-mart Shopper had, how did you figure that MenuShowDelay was the prob?

Because I hadn't changed anything.... and it seemed unlikely like installing a few programs would do it... so have you changed anything in the registry? or maybe a configuration for the system?

most of all.. has it been doing this since you installed the OS, or has it begun recently?