want to copy files after an install but before other programs continue

ok... so im using WPI to install starwars battlegrounds.. and i created a silent install

command1 = "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\GameData\Setup.exe -s"

and i want to do something like

rename %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds.bak

rename %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds_x1.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds_x1.back

copy %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\No-CD\Battlegrounds.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game

copy %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\No-CD\Battlegrounds_x1.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game

would these commands go the command slots as they are? would i have to include a wait command in command slot 1??? i mean i know what i want to do but im not entirely sure if i can do it in wpi... please help.

on second note... my xpcd.iso has been really wiggin out on VMWare... the progress bar stop on detecting and installing devices at about 25%... the last iso i put together did the same but installed just fine on a real machine... i dont want to waste dvd's though if my configs are wrong... im posting my wpi config and my winnt.sif for anyone interested to peek at... id like to know if I have messed anything up.

config.js

WINNT.SIF

Edited by jezusfreak1980

ok... so im using WPI to install starwars battlegrounds.. and i created a silent install

command1 = "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\GameData\Setup.exe -s"

and i want to do something like

rename %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds.bak

rename %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds_x1.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds_x1.back

copy %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\No-CD\Battlegrounds.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game

copy %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\No-CD\Battlegrounds_x1.exe %systemdrive%\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game

would these commands go the command slots as they are? would i have to include a wait command in command slot 1??? i mean i know what i want to do but im not entirely sure if i can do it in wpi... please help.

on second note... my xpcd.iso has been really wiggin out on VMWare... the progress bar stop on detecting and installing devices at about 25%... the last iso i put together did the same but installed just fine on a real machine... i dont want to waste dvd's though if my configs are wrong... im posting my wpi config and my winnt.sif for anyone interested to peek at... id like to know if I have messed anything up.

Next time use code-tags, looks easier to understand, ok?

Dont use the difficult way, just place your code in a "copymystarwarspictures.cmd". Run it in WPI by calling that cmd. Wait isnt really necesarry but if you are afraid some commands will cross each other, you can do that...

As last, the WPI with the progressbar is a BETA, so dont wonder if it isnt work properly....

Good luck,

Solidas

Edited by SolidasRock

By the way, this piece of code is easier:

ren %programfiles%\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds.exe %programfiles%\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds.bak

ren %programfiles%\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds_x1.exe %programfiles%\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Battlegrounds_x1.back

copy %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\No-CD\Battlegrounds.exe %programfiles%\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game

copy %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\StarWars\No-CD\Battlegrounds_x1.exe %programfiles%\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game

Also needful info for you to help you a bit, see attachement

EDIT: I have fixed a typo in my attachement, and readded it as a attachement... (forgot to write " " at the CMD /C line)

usefull_info_for_WPI.txt

Edited by SolidasRock

ok well now i have created a starwars.cmd with the appropriate cmds and have it called by WPI. its dependent of starwars and vice verce while ordered as second.

secondly while before i had winnt.sif calling a batch.cmd that called wpi.hta.... i FINALLY noticed wpi.cmd (fluttery NooB feelings)... and rewrote my winnt to include that instead.

I had to get rid of almost all of my silent installs cause acrobat was refusing to work even after using the install tuner adobe provides... and then i had to tell acrobat it was second in order to office xp... kept trying to walk all over office and then gave an error that an installation was already in progress please try again... so.... acrobat, and photoshop are no longer silent installs... and starwars didnt show any progress at all... i like /passive... but that wont work with starwars and it was taking too long.. so i reverted that from silent mode too.

however... all in all everything is working now. The only thing i think WPI needs is a check that keeps the next installation from starting until the previous install is complete. it probably already has this... but if it does its not working with acrobat, acrobat reader, and adobe photoshop... or maybe i should be calling the .msi instead of the setup.exe. i dont know.

thanks guys...

and the thing with the progressbar was a windows thing... i used classic install theme so it looked like windows 2000 does during the GUI part of the install... during "windows is detecting and installing your devices" section was where the freeze would occur. however it seems to have fixed itself so no worries. and cd key removed... thanks...

Edited by jezusfreak1980