pc restart then run clean up ?

In DEL "%~f0" %~f0 expands to the fully qualified path name of the batch file itself, i.e. DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Test bat.cmd".

However, as I stated in my reply the only line required is DEL %0; this will work regardless of spaces in the path or file name. The Q switch is not and will never be required in this case. People wrongly assume that /Q means quiet, it does, but only when using on global wildcards. The F switch, DEL/F %0, shouldn't be requied either, why create a read only self deleting file?

In DEL "%~f0" %~f0 expands to the fully qualified path name of the batch file itself, i.e. DEL "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Test bat.cmd".

Well, I learned something today. Thanks Yzöwl. That explains why it's in quotes, too.

I understand and agree with your other points. I think some people may just insert /Q and /F on all of their DEL commands whether they're needed or not "just in case". I was trying to compare the two commands thinking that ~F might somehow be comparable to /F. So DEL /Q /F %0 is equivelent to DEL /Q /F "%~f0" (but with a full path) and DEL %0 is equivelent to DEL "%~f0". Good to know.

Thanks for explaining that.

Ray