System Reboots

I have been having trouble with my office system that has W-200. I wants to reboot every 4-6 hours.

Today I got an error message that is a new one on me, that the system must reboot by "NT Authority System". I didn't have time to write down any of the error massage but I did see "Status Code 128".

This has been driving me up the wall for weeks.

Any ideas???

Sounds like you got hit by one of the ooooold viruses. Grab the latest Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and run it on the system. Then after you do that make sure you full patch the system so it doesn't get hit by that particular virus again.

Odds are that if there are any other unpatched systems on your network they're being affected by the same virus.

The only other thing I can think of is that you have a faulty driver that's causing problems. If it crashes a critical system process it'll force the same type of shutdown.

I have been having trouble with my office system that has W-200. I wants to reboot every 4-6 hours.

Today I got an error message that is a new one on me, that the system must reboot by "NT Authority System". I didn't have time to write down any of the error massage but I did see "Status Code 128".

This has been driving me up the wall for weeks.

Any ideas???

That's what you get for not using a firewall, if you're not using a firewall! Probably an internet virus attack.

I can't fully trust a completely stock Windows installation without a firewall, even when Microsoft says that the hotfixes close up the security holes! :wacko:

Edited by RJARRRPCGP