Windows 2000 post-SP4 rollup v2

RJARRRPCGP

He means full slipstreaming with a command line is not possible. You can't completely slipstream it in the same way you'd slipstream a service pack. You can only use the /integrate switch which basically places it in the SVCPACK folder (like with a regular hotfix). HFSLIP gets around this by extracting the rollup and updating the source with the new files.

He means full slipstreaming with a command line is not possible. You can't completely slipstream it in the same way you'd slipstream a service pack. You can only use the /integrate switch which basically places it in the SVCPACK folder (like with a regular hotfix). HFSLIP gets around this by extracting the rollup and updating the source with the new files.

Thanks for the info.

Because I was worried that I had the post-SP4 rollup v2 package file in the HF directory for nothing except for bloat!

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

hey just to clarify, the link ya quoted goes to the SP 4 instructions. the link you want goes to an SP 5 page.

(i think its time to take down the sp 4 stuff anyway... who the heck uses this old material, and it only causes confusion.)

@TommyP, wondering if it's possile to bifurcate HFSLIP for Win2kSP5.

First, HFSLIP will test to see if it's SP4 w/o Update Rollup v2. If no update rollup v2, slipstream update rollup v2 with the option, "Do you want to just slipstream Update Rollup v2 OR all hotfixes?"

If update rollup v2 already slipstreamed, then just slipstream the other hotfixes.

It'd be great to have a base SP4 w/ Update Rollup v2 already included as HFSLIP's base because update rollup v2 is what takes the longest time to unpack and slipstream.