HUGE Taskbar....

I have been working on my Unattended CD for a couple of weeks now and its been coming along fine. However, I must have changed something recently because now when it logs in the taskbar takes up 50% of the screen. Does anyone know why it is doing this or how to fix it?

The picture that has the all green toolbar is right after the install finishes. The second picture is what appears when it is restarted.

post-86308-1139349322_thumb.jpg

post-86308-1139349336_thumb.jpg

BoardBabe - Thanks for the help so far. I will check out those registry values when I reinstall again....which will probably be tonight.

AndreK - I currently have all of BTS's driver packs slipstreamed, I also added about 10 of mine for scanners, MP3 players, and digital camera.

It has been working the whole time with those drivers slipstreamed so I'm not sure if that would be it or not but then again I have no idea.

Basically what I have been doing is making 5-10 changes at a time and then testing it out. The last things I added was to have it install around 900 fonts, install winamp, winzip, MagicISO, and a few other programs, and then I edited my cleanup.cmd file.

The only thing that I have done to "mess" with the taskbar was that I have my cleanup going into the profiles and deleteing all the quicklaunch icons excpet for IE and Show Desktop.

Does this help anymore....thanks.

The only thing that I have done to "mess" with the taskbar was that I have my cleanup going into the profiles and deleteing all the quicklaunch icons excpet for IE and Show Desktop.

As far as i can see the quick launch bar is disabled in the screenshots? You did this on purpose?

What you could try is :

Create a new user

If yes, then it's probably not a registry setting, at least not a current user setting.

If no, then it's probably a driver or maybe a font or so..

Try the user thing and let me know :)

Thanks for all the suggestions but it turned out to be the fonts. I had it set up to copy a folder called FONTS to C:\ and then created a batch file to copy the fonts from that folder to WINDOWS\FONTS. There was something about that that Windows did not like....or at least in my case. I searched the forums and found a program called "fontinst.exe" and used that to install my fonts instead of my original method. When I did this it fixed the problem and I no longer have a big taskbar. Thanks again for the help.

Thanks for all the suggestions but it turned out to be the fonts. I had it set up to copy a folder called FONTS to C:\ and then created a batch file to copy the fonts from that folder to WINDOWS\FONTS. There was something about that that Windows did not like....or at least in my case. I searched the forums and found a program called "fontinst.exe" and used that to install my fonts instead of my original method. When I did this it fixed the problem and I no longer have a big taskbar. Thanks again for the help.

Oke nice, will keep the fontinst.exe in mind.. never heard of it :)