Word Document extends beyond page

chester2

I hope someone can help me. Im working on a document, it came in the RTF format and Im converting to word doc and when I remove the extra paragraph marks, it extends beyond the margin...What can I do to fix this?

I hope someone can help me. Im working on a document, it came in the RTF format and Im converting to word doc and when I remove the extra paragraph marks, it extends beyond the margin...What can I do to fix this?
does this doc have pictures in it?

Hi Wolf, No picture that I can see, it is just text. When I looked at the document with the paragraph marks showing, every line had a paragraph symbol. So when I delete the not needed paragraph marks, the document them extends beyond my margins. I think I saw word wrap pop up fast, but it was quite fast. I have no idea what program was used to create this doc but it was saved in rtf. I can use it as it is but still want to know how to fix this. Thanks for your reply.

Hi Wolf, No picture that I can see, it is just text. When I looked at the document with the paragraph marks showing, every line had a paragraph symbol. So when I delete the not needed paragraph marks, the document them extends beyond my margins. I think I saw word wrap pop up fast, but it was quite fast. I have no idea what program was used to create this doc but it was saved in rtf. I can use it as it is but still want to know how to fix this. Thanks for your reply.

Well heres probably how to fix it!

1.Open that .rtf file
2.Open a new word document
3.Open notepad
4.Highlight all of the .rtf file and go edit>copy
5.And paste it in notepad
6.Highlight all of the notepad text and go edit copy
7.and paste it in the word doc

This should work if your problem is ONLY with that .rtf file and not every new word document! but if it doesnt work i can help again

Edited by wolf74481

Hi Wolf, Thanks so much for your help. I figured out what it was. This document was probably made in who knows what program and saved as a RTF. Probably in word pad. But the problem was in the paragraph. While in Word, click on Format, then Paragraph. The indent on the right was set to a negative number, making the text go beyond my margins. I also found a problem with spaces between paragraphs and it was in the Format Paragraph. This document is about 300 pages long and many people worked on it and some do not know much about their computer, let alone how to use Word. Im learning every time I use it. Ifound my answer while searching HELP, and reading and trying...Again thanks for your help and I will keep you tip on file in case I may need it. Again, thanks and hopefully some else may find some help here also.