IDE RAID TOOLS

Hey All :hello::hello:

Here's my problem.

I have 2 Seagate 300GB Barracuda 7200.8 drives. Apparently one of them is acting up, as This morning the box was giving the Windows Write Delayed Failed notice. I tried pulling the data off the drive onto another and kept getting messages File Not Found. So I thought what the hell, everything is backed up so I will reboot. OK no problem there. Raid Bios screen came up wanting to either duplicate or continue to boot. I picked Duplicate.

If one of these drives are failing, how do I find it? I had this same problem a year ago with Maxtor drives after running 2 years, and Maxtor said there was no way to check drive condition with any drive tools while in raid. They informed me that each drive would have to be checked individually. OK did that but both drives came up good even when connected Primary and Slave. Put them back into Raid and one of them 2 days later had a HARD FAIL. That's when I got the seagates as they have a 5 year warranty and are quieter.

I GOOGED for raid tools but couldn't find any. Highpoints Raid Deskmanager apparently is not that good as while I was still within Windows, I checked the status and it showed all was well. The Storage Box Specs.

512Megs Crucial Ram

AMD Slot A 750MHz OCed to 900MHz

Abit KA7-100 onboard Raid

Paltrudes Bios (GOOD STUFF)

OLD, OLD Video Card (NO NAME) But hey it works, Shows up in Device manager as Savage 8meg

Fortron 400W PSU

Windows 2000 Pro

Thanks

jd