NEED HELP: AutoLogon not working

Problem 1

Hi guys, can I have some assistance with my unattended install please...

[GuiUnattended]
AutoLogon = Yes
EncryptedAdminPassword = No
AdminPassword = "******"
TimeZone = 085
OEMSkipRegional = 1
OemSkipWelcome = 1

Ok, the problem is I get the message...

The system could not log you on. Make sure your User name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Leters in passwords must be typed using the correct case.

I used nLite to change the Administrators name to a different name... and the auto logon automatically selects the username as Administrator.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem 2

not sure if this problem comes under Windows Media Center Edition forum or Unattended...

Get the following error when executing Media Center...

This Application has failed to start because dbgeng.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem.

After clicking OK i get the next error...

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=01dc (476), Thread id=0x1e8 (488).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

If I Click OK I get the first error message again!!!

I've searched the hard drive for dbgeng.dll and the file can not be found...

How can I get my windows setup to copy this file over as it should do?

Edited by antonio_king

I have zero experience with MCE, but the problem is identical to this thread reported for an XP Home edition issue (and one I reproduced with my second nLite installation):

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t62304.html

The solution in my case was as simple as defining the default user by either net user or oobeinfo.ini method, and selecting AutoLogon=No in my Winnt.sif. Also, these settings will help bypass MiniSetup: UnattendSwitch=Yes, and UnattendMode=(any mode other than FullUnattend).

I'm no expert on your second problem, either. dbgeng.dll="DebugEngineSymbologyExtension", though. I presume you selected one or both of these components for removal: Error Reporting or Dr Watson (probably the second, as the first has been removed with impugnity by so many others of us). You may not get more specific info on your Media Center malfunction without a crash dump report.

If you want to test this guess, you can probably boot from original CD and copy it directly to System32 and System32\dllcache. I don't believe this .dll needs to be registered. It may not solve your problem, but at least it may help you analyze the component attempting to generate the error. Could be the second problem is caused by the first--startup program attempting to access drivers blocked by Admin autologon defaulting to Safe Mode. Or maybe Dr Watson must pay personal housecall to each MCE start.

I suppose folks in the Media Center forum know far more about this than I do. If this doesn't lead to quick resolution, we may be better off asking this thread be moved.

Prob 2: what app are you trying to start that needs dbgeng? If it is copied to the Hard Drive, it may need to be registered.

prob2: I have no problem using autologon, a portion of my winnt.sif has this:

(password changed to portect the innocent)

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword = "yadda"

AutoLogon = Yes

AutoLogonAccountCreation = Yes

[identification]

JoinWorkgroup=GROUPER

[Networking]

InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[userData]

FullName="MainUser"