A few questions about Win2k3 server

Luzer

Hi, I have a few questions regarding windows server 2003. The first thing is what is a CAL and how do I use it. I think it is just for when connecting your server and using the TS apps(any links/info on how to set up [lets say] excel so you can use it in terminal services) on there. Second, I'm wondering what would be a good program to use to use as a “virtual meeting center” on the server. Like being able to share ideas and chat with other people. Lastly is there a program that will monitor my server and report back to me the adv usage and is there a program that will monitor the web traffic? Something like webalizer but for http, ftp and tsc (?)

Thanks for your time.

Luzer

CAL stands for Client Access License and is what you purchase for your users that want to use the server. Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition by default comes with 5 CALs. A CAL is not something that you actually use. You just purchase them in packs and enter in the key into License Manager. Using applications through Terminal Services is quite easy, just install Terminal Services on the server and your users will be able to log in and use any applications that you give them access to.

Edited by kyuuzo