Newbie to MySQL

i have never worked with mysql before, i usually work with SQL Server, sometimes for a small databases with access, but was thinking about mysql for a long time now, and today finally downloaded.

i got a copy of mysql, a control center, and the connection drivers.

i installed them all and they seem to be running pretty good.

now there are my questions:

first of all, how do i make the mysql services to run with windows, i mean on startup, or maybe its automatic already?

second question is, can i import another databases to mysql, lets say if i have a couple of small access databases, is there a tool for that, i cant seem to find it in the control center.

is there something similar to sql server stored procedures?

and the final qiestion is what is this "option" thing i need to use in the connection string, and what it should be set to?

phuuuuu...... :)

i think thats all

I'm not a MySQl guru, but yes it should start up automatically.

I've installed and used MySQL 4 times now. Generally it works fine, but this last time I'm have MAJOR issues with it. It's a very miserable program. :)

It's a very miserable program.  :)

well,

i dont have many options, i have a couple of clients, that are not willing to pay for SQL Server, and puting them on access wouldnt be apropriate, so i desided on mysql,

besides, i hear its ok

It's a very miserable program.  :)

well,

i dont have many options, i have a couple of clients, that are not willing to pay for SQL Server, and puting them on access wouldnt be apropriate, so i desided on mysql,

besides, i hear its ok

Oh it is a good program. I didn't mean to make it sound bad. What I mean is, it has an attitude. Things have to be absolutely perfect or it starts to get whiney. Coughing up errors etc. That's if it's not configured properly. Or the code for your database it sketchy. LOL