Make the taskmgr a realtime process!

Francesco

I did this hex edit that was mentioned, and makecab'd it. When it got to a certain point in windows installation (not vmware, but normal), it kept requesting a retry on copying or installing taskmgr. I had to hit cancel, and the windows installation continued ok. Oddly, once I was in windows, taskmgr existed and worked fine. A note about the process of taskmgr right now: when I right click it in the process list, the default is showing as realtime.

I did this hex edit that was mentioned, and makecab'd it. When it got to a certain point in windows installation (not vmware, but normal), it kept requesting a retry on copying or installing taskmgr. I had to hit cancel, and the windows installation continued ok. Oddly, once I was in windows, taskmgr existed and worked fine. A note about the process of taskmgr right now: when I right click it in the process list, the default is showing as realtime.

simply, cause Windows check the taskman.exe (filesize or the bytes) and didn't recognize the hacked version so it ask to copy the "normal" taskman.exe and this would be called SFP (System File Protection)