Cant Copy Files!

When ever I make an anattended CD/DVD, in the section straight after the format there are always some files that it wont/cant copy. The setup stops and says "Setup Cannot copy file X" and gives you options to retry, ignore or quit. The files seem to be random. I made a set of unattended discs ages ago, the long way with no fancy auto-everything tools and they worked fine. But now however I do it I get the same problems.

I've tried using nLite for the whole thing, using RVMIntegrator + BTS packs + PowerPacker, and then just using powerpacker on its own to make a stock standard user attended Home+Pro+Pro Corperate CD with no extras or automation or anything, and all files copied directly from original cds which I know work. But every time I get "Cannot Copy some stupid file".

Thanks for any help.

i used to have the same problem. eventually, i isolated the problem - my teac cd-rw unit was scre*ing. the cd's burnt using my asus dvd-rw were flawless. as a matter of fact, after flashing it with the newest firmware, teac cd-rw works ok again.

so, im saying you either update you cd-rw firmware or use another cd-rw.

I had problems with the ISO image created, independent of the hardware used to burn it. Filenames were all in 8.3 format, no matter which attributes were selected (got this result with Nero 6 and nLite at various times). Problems disappeared after using CDIMAGEGUI for this last step. Let us know if you if try this and it works--I'm interested in giving nLite a second chance, when an improved version appears.

Thanks heaps for all your replies.

oioldman:

As I said I get the error in the filecopy straight after the format, the first one, with the blue background, not the GUI bit. Yes I have looked thru msfn, and it all looks ok. Plus, what is there in winnt.sif that could cause this?

zeko:

I was getting the same problem when I mounted the image in VirtualPC but that was with Nlite, I'll try again now I'm using PowerPacker.

muiz:

Ok, cool, do you mean bad RAM in the system that made the disc, or in the one thats actually running the setup? I'll try some new RAM, thanks.

Lazy8:

Ok, but I'm trying to make a multiboot DVD, using PowerPacker to create the ISO, but I seemed to have the same problem when I used NLite, only with Nlite nero wouldn't burn the 1.2Gb image to DVD as it was a CD image... apparently. Can I use CDIMAGEGUI to create the iso from a powerpacker output folder?

Geist420:

I've now burnt 2 DVDs and 4 CDs and all with the same problem... different files though. Plus the problem seems to be with the ISO, as it did the same thing in VirtualPC. But as I said that was using nLite, I'll try VirtualPC again now I'm using PowerPacker.

Once again thanks for all the replies.

Edited by Nemesis9