New Tool to Parse $1\Drivers

Okay, I completely rewrote the entire script to make it more flexible.

What does it do?

It parses a folder tree looking for INF driver files and creates the OemPnPDriversPath line from the findings.

How does it work?

When you run the application, you will be asked to browse to the folder containing your drivers (i.e. $OEM$\$1\Drivers). You will then be asked to select a folder to save the log and results files. It will then parse the tree you selected looking for INF files. If it finds one, it will add that folder to the OemPnP... line. If it finds another INF in the same folder, it bypasses adding it an additional time. When it's done it'll prompt you to open the location where you choose to write the log and result file. Just copy the line from the result file into you WinNT.sif and you're ready to go.

I hope it's helpful. I got tired of having to manually put the OemPnP.. line together.

I'm also working on one that will pull together the patches and dynamically create the SVCPACK.inf file, etc. What it will do it copy the patches to the SVCPACK folder and rename them to the KB######.exe name and add it with the switches to the SVCPACK.inf file. But that's a different story. :whistle:

-Mike

OemPnPDriversPath_Builder.exe

Sounds good, but someitmes, we have hundreds of drivers in one directory... what would be really nice is a script that would eliminate doubles, keep latest versions, and do it in spite of the cases where several drivers and .inf are in one folder. It's not that easy, indeed !

Why did you wrap the VBS in an EXE?

To get it through the firewall here. It's goofy. I can upload an EXE but if I try to upload a script the office's "network police" block me.

That's because those have been well known for having viruses. I'm not nearly majorly surprised that it's blocking .vbs files.