WildPackets OmniPeek v3.0 silent install possible ?

Halfwalker

I took a look at the demo ver (if that is the one you are talking about?). It's Installshield ver 11 using installscript and no msi. That being the case, it should work with the '/r' switch to record the installation and '/s' to playback that silently. Full ver will probably be similar. Search around for methods to silent install installshield files.

SP

OK, at wits end here. The recorded install works, but only usually. So, I'm trying to do an AutoIT script to handle the install, since one can do some conditional checking, data entry for the name and serial and so on. WildPackets uses a combination of the serial number and the machine ID on a webpage form to return an activation key. That's fine, and can be scripted by AutoIT pretty easily. This will be cool, since the script can ask for the users serial, and automate it all from there.

The trouble is talking to the **** Installshield processes. It turns out that the plain old setup.exe just calls itself again with a -deleter parameter. OK, no problem. I have the script start it up like that too - works fine.

But I can't get to the **** window. Apparently, there are TWO setup windows, one visible, and one invisible. I know this because the following AutoIT code shows TWO identical windows ...

$var = WinList()

For $i = 1 to $var[0][0]
; Only display visble windows that have a title
If $var[$i][0] <> "" AND IsVisible($var[$i][1]) Then
MsgBox(0, "Details", "Title=" & $var[$i][0] & @LF & "Handle=" & $var[$i][1])
EndIf
Next

Func IsVisible($handle)
If BitAnd( WinGetState($handle), 2 ) Then
Return 1
Else
Return 0
EndIf
EndFunc

OK, so I add a bit of code to use the window handle(s) instead. But they don't work. That is, I can't talk to the visible Installshield window using either handle. I do this :

WinActivate ($var[1][1])
WinWaitActive ($var[1][1])
ControlClick ($var[1][1], "", "&Next")
MsgBox (0, "Did it work", "Tried to click Next")
Exit

I get the popup saying it tried to click next, but the blasted Installshield window is still sitting there waiting for something to click Next ..... Try it with $var[2][1] - same deal.

Argh.

D.