Can't get ORK to work with proofing tools.

Fr33m4n

I am trying to create a silent install for Proofing tools so that I can install it silently after office in a RunOnceEx fashion. After using ORK and generating the MST file I start the install using the provided switches the install seems to start, the green bar goes over the screen a few times and then disappears as it should on a silent install however when I look in Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, Proofing Tools is not listed and if I try to type stuff into Word the new dictionarys are not available.

What is happening? What am I doing wrong? Is there something special I have to do to get this to work? Help appriciated.

I have discovered the source of my problem. It seems that in my attempt to shrink the proofing tools source I have deleted some files which it depends on but which it dosn't formally request through an error message thus not telling me about it so that I may copy it over to the new folder. Is there a way in which I can find out about which files that are missing?

Hi there,

I'd be more than curious to know how you managed to shrink Proofing Tools: when I install mine it only takes up 172MB (for 6 languages) but my admin install is 1.20GB which weighs heavily on my DVD.

Do you think you might be able to help me out? And do you happen to know if it's possible to slipstream SP2 onto it?

Best,

Sangi

:)

Yeah it's very possible and easy to slipstream SP2 onto it. Follow the guide for slipstreaming regular office over at unattended.msfn.org and just change the filenames. There's only one file to slipstream so it's a no brainer. As for shrinking it. Read above. You need Filemon from winternals and set a filter to monitor just your install of proofing tools from the mst file. Then you just use the output from filemon to copy the reqiured files over to a new folder and wolla, you have your shrinked proofing tools. You could probably use this method to shrink any app.