Daemon Tools 4.03 how to install it?

Maybe you'll have better luck than me, but I tried to make two seperate installers - one for SPTD and one for the DT app itself. It failed miserably. I can't document it, but I'm thinking the two installs are more intertwined than what it appears. The random generation of the driver filename is tied to the Daemon Tools install somehow.

Maybe you'll have better luck than me, but I tried to make two seperate installers - one for SPTD and one for the DT app itself. It failed miserably. I can't document it, but I'm thinking the two installs are more intertwined than what it appears. The random generation of the driver filename is tied to the Daemon Tools install somehow.

I have only tested in a Virtual machine of installing SPTD separately, then installing DT4 in following reboot into RunOnceEx. It works fine. The test is what Cmdlines.txt does as to the SPTD install. Will the windows popup? There is 2 windows, and now thinking that the 2nd may not show as it may not ask for a reboot. Upon reboot into RunOnceEx, the SPTD service should hopefully be running ok and DT4, upon noticing this, will install in 1 complete install. I do not see a link between the DT4 installer needing to be run concurrently. This SPTD seems to already be in x64 systems to what I know, and DT4 does not want to alter the way it installs else it gives a sign that it is installed where software makers can pick on it.

Your repacking may have broken a setting where as I still am using the original installer for the DT4 install. It does make some good sence to install this Scsi driver 1st at Cmdlines.txt if is possible. I would assume the chances are very good, touch wood. :whistle:

You've already gotten much further than me :thumbup I'll try to test it all out over the weekend.

Thanks. Good feedback would indeed help to make DT4 better. DT4 itself installs nicely when that driver is already installed. I will see what time I can do at testing this myself, if able to. :)

Cant get this to work

trying with cmd file now

SWITCH : "SPTDinst.exe add"

EDIT:

I made an SFX with the following :

Setup=SPTDinst.exe add
TempMode
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

And named it 'SPTDinst.exe'

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
Run('SPTDinst.exe')
WinWait("SPTD setup V1.24 (C) 2004-2005 Duplex Secure Ltd.","This program will in")
If Not WinActive("SPTD setup V1.24 (C) 2004-2005 Duplex Secure Ltd.","This program will in") Then WinActivate("SPTD setup V1.24 (C) 2004-2005 Duplex Secure Ltd.","This program will in")
WinWaitActive("SPTD setup V1.24 (C) 2004-2005 Duplex Secure Ltd.","This program will in")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
WinWait("classname=Static","")
If Not WinActive("classname=Static","") Then WinActivate("classname=Static","")
WinWaitActive("classname=Static","")
Send("{ENTER}")

And activate it with this script

Those 2 i put in another SFX :

Setup=sptd.exe
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

And start it with that.

Edited by muiz

You having some troubles muiz? AutoIt can use FileInstall() to archive a file within itself and extract it. The AutoIt script should be the one to be using the add switch.

The test script i posted above has just been tested and worked ok. Both of the SPTD and DT4 installs in a Virtual Machine. I saw both of the messageboxes for the SPTD install and neither hung.

Edit:

Here is a FileInstall version of the script. Have SPTDinst.exe in the same directory as the script when compiling and the file will be archived into the compiled AutoIt executable. It will extract to Temp directory when the script is run from Cmdlines.txt. No needed switches as the script does it for you.

_SPTDinstFI.html

Edited by MHz

now im lost again :blushing:

1. Get SPTDInst.exe from Temp directory and place in folder A

2. Get the script from my previous post and put in folder A.

3. Compile the script in folder A.

4. Put the compiled script in your $OEM$ folder next to Cmdlines.txt.

5. Add an entry into Cmdlines.txt to execute the compiled script.

[COMMANDS]
"Compiled.exe"

6. Compile the DT4 script and place it in the same directory as the DT4 installer.

7. Add an entry into RunOnceEx cmdfile to execute the DT4 Compiled script.

8. Make your ISO to test.

HTH

Looking good! I'll update my UA DVD.

One thing though, NOT to correct you in any way, cause your autoit skills are über... But shouldnt you use a select case at your SPTD script? so you wouldnt have to have a 20 sec timeout on the WinWaits? Guess it would speed up the execution?

Edited by BoardBabe

As for your idea, BoardBabe. Let's have a look at Select Case.

Blocking functions, which WinWaits are is not a good concept for Case statements so I would use WinExists or WinActive to allow flow. As Select Case will execute the 1st correct case statement, even if more the one is correct, then I may need to add into a loop to click the last window. I would add an Exit or ExitLoop after the last window to escape the loop when successful. But what if the SPTDinst.exe does not show the windows for some reason then a timeout is needed to excape the script. I would then choose TimerInit() to store a start time in a variable and use TimerDiff() to read the variable within the loop to compare with an allowed time set.

For just a couple of windows, it maybe alittle excessive? I have no doubt that it would work fine also.

The 20 sec timeouts that I used are quite excessive but I like to cover for in case someone has a really slow HDD, CPU or some other reason. I would think even 5 or 10 secs would be plenty to set. Worst could be is that the windows will not show for some reason, then the timeouts would happen. Atleast the script would exit at a point of SPTD failure (not expected, but possible). As for the windows showing, then they would be executed immediately. The 1st WinWait is just in case the script is run at some other time to cleanly Exit out. The 1 sec timeout for the 1st WinWait has little effect of the good operation of the script.

The last window has no condition set to close the SPTD process if it is a no show. I would expect it to show if the previous window does. I may cover for that condition later, which would be another possible, but not expected event.

When you compare the 2 methods of choice, then the result should be the same but the WinWait method is simple and the sequence of the 2 windows is known. Reduce the timeouts if it suits you better, but remember that you would be very unlucky for some reason for the timeout to actually happen.

Overall, both methods would need some timeout to Exit if a problem does occur, so Windows setup can atleast continue. The execution of speed would be the same with either method, for just 2 windows. I would assume that it had taken about 1.5 secs to execute until completion for my test.

Wow, you got me typing alot for a small and quick install script. Hope it defines the little difference for the choice of method that is used in this script :)

Wow, you got me typing alot for a small and quick install script.

Doesn't bother me any. Your instructive posts are by far the best AutoIt learning tool that I have available. I always do well learning by example (with explanations of course).

MHz: Thank you for your verry informative post! I see your point...

Allow me to track off topic and explain why I mentioned it. On a previous install-script that I made for Adobe Illustrator I ran into a problem with a dialog notifying you that QuickTim is not installed during the file-copy process. The dialog would occure at a random time, and therefore I initially did a WinWait with timeout of 300 sec! This long delay because it could actually take up to a couple of min for the popup to occure, depending on HW. Now you can imagine that if QuickTime do exist on the system, the script would halt an annoying 300 sec for nothing. I solved this after reading a few of your posts with A select case loop. It now closes the dialog immediatly when it occures and does nothing if it never occures. But I can see why using a select case loop at your above script would be a bit overkill.

Keep up the good work...

BoardBabe, I can see that a 5 minute WinWait was no good at all for Adobe. The loop would have definitely added option to check for more windows while waiting for the expected one to show.

As for someone who does not like to disappoint, if a loop is used, then I would try this one. It perhaps looks alittle neater to view then If statements being used. I will go along with whatever everyone likes best. So, another test script for SPTD install attached. ;)

SPTDLoopInstall.html

Edit: Removed the _Abort() function and added the code within the loop.

The timeout for the WinWaitClose functions is the timeout set minus the time difference at that moment.

Added OnAutoItExit() for file cleanup. Thanks BoardBabe.

Edited by MHz

Hehe excellent!

I like this one better :D

Why did you remove the cleanup though?

Thanks. So right you are. I had left it out by mistake so have changed the script in my last post to cleanup the extracted file on the scripts exit. I am happy with the last posted SPTD script if tests are proven ok. It has a sound concept to it.

Edited by MHz