T-39 Fatal system error... cannot continue

I have searched this forum, other forums, and google, but cannot find a solution to my delima.

I have 3 files, syssetup.dll, winntbbu.dll, and msgina.dll.

I have taken the origionals from the origional xp disk.

I have tried a few times a few different ways.

1st attempt:

expanded all 3 files, used resedit to modify them. modifype with the -c switch. then used makecab, and put them in my i386 folder. burned the disk, and got a fatal error message at T-39. something about catalogs.

2nd attempt:

got fresh files from the origional xp cd, expanded them, used software suggested in the Unattended cd / DVD guide to modify them, used modifype with the -c switch, then makecab, and placed in my i386 folder. Again, at t-39, got a fatal error about catalogs.

3rd attempt

got fresh files from the origional xp cd, expanded them, used restorator to modify them, then modifype -c, and makecab, back in the i386 folder they went...burned....T-39....Fatal error (catalogs again).

I do not understand what i am doing wrong. I have read the guide, re-read the guide, re-re-read the guide. Went over it again and again. Now the last time i read it, Alalon (I think thats how its spelled) make a comment about only makecab if origionals are compressed. Does this mean that i should not be using modifype -c in the process because the origionals were compressed?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

CompFX

@ Alanoll - you said that these 3 files should not cause a fatal error at t-39, so I must be unknowlingly doing something else.

I am really sure that it is these 3 files, and for darn sure msgina.dll.

I have used the origionals, and it installs fine with no problems what so ever. But then i put in the msgina.dll file, and reburn, and get the fatal error. I replace the msgina.dll with the origional, rebunred, and all is well. I put in syssetup.dll and winntbbu.dll and again fatal error. I put the origionals back, and all is well again.

I just dont get it.

CompFX

Replacing just syssetup.dl_ and winntbbu.dll, burned the disk get this error

Error:

The signature for Windows XP Professional Setup is invalid. The error code is 800b0100.

No signature was present in the subject.

Fatal Error:

Setup failed to install the product catalogs. This is a fatal error. The setup log files should contain more information.

weird - I was on the same track. Trying to figure out what one of the two is the problem.

The syssetup.dll contains the text that is displayed during the setup correct?

I will replace with oem and try,

but if it is the cause, how come i am the only one with this problem? I have seen where a few others have posted, but seems no one has an answer.

Any ideas?

CompFX

I dont understand this, but I got it to work lastnight. I put the oem syssetup.dl_ back in my i386, and it worked smooth, AND all the billboards were what i put on there, not that MS BS.

At anyrate, It all works smothly and I appreciate the help.

Alanoll you hit it on the head with the syssetup.dl_

Thanks

CompFX

@CompFX

& Welcome

Thats great fella, but pls use the edit button in preference to multiple posts in the same thread (Is mentioned in the rules) Use the radio button adj quote bott. right.

Glad you sorted ya problem.

Cheers

MC.

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE