drivers

ANDYSUDS

can sombody please take a little time and tell me what and where to get the most up to date drivers for my system especially the graphics,i am new to all this.do i have to use the manufacturers drivers or is there better,it would make a grown man very happy

ASUS A8N SLI DELUXE SKT 939

ATHLON 64 3800+ VENICE

250gb MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 10 SATA 16mb

1 GB CORSAIR TWIN MATCHED MEMORY

2x WINFAST 6600GT SLI

NEC 3540A 16xDUAL LAYER DVD RW

PHILIPS 8421 DVD RW

THERMALTAKE TWV 500W PURE POWER PSU

sorry folks this is my system

The DriverPacks linked to and discussed on this forum will cover your hardware and they're up-to-date as of 12/03. I know because I have the Premium version of your motherboard. :) The DriverPacks can be slipstreamed into the 32-bit versions of Windows XP. But I'm guessing that's not why you're here.

I'll venture a guess that you're using a 32-bit version of XP. All the links I post here will point to 32-bit Windows XP driver versions.

The best drivers to use for your motherboard can be found at nVidia's website.

You'll only need to update the processor driver if you plan on using its Cool'n'Quiet feature, otherwise it will work well enough. You can find the driver at AMD's website.

After looking into the drivers available at LeadTek's website, it appears they're using an old unaltered version of nVidia's reference driver (v77.77). I'd recommend getting the latest reference driver (v81.98) directly from nVidia's website.

I found all of this using Google. :)

Edited by 5eraph