Help me...

I'm making my own Unattend Instalation... and i want to install few files with OS...

I've just created:

$OEM$

--$$

-----System32 with cmdow in it...

--$1

-----Install with files, that i want install... ffdshow.exe and many more...

What i should do to install this using cmdlines, and runonceex.cmd ...

Please make for me this files <examples for ffdshow>, and where i should put them on CD...

And secondly how i can do that:

- how i can change wallpaper to other from default wallpapers folder ??

- how i can set the bootscreen to one, witch i have from stylexp site ??

- is there any posibility to set the size of swap file <minimal and maximal>??

- how i can add OEM information... <the manufacturer and that stuff that is visible in computer mangaments> ??

- how i can change <Windows XP Proffesional> to <Windows XP by Greg00pl> ?? and time from 30 to 3 ?? and how to add /noguiboot on the end of parameters in boot.ini

- is there any possibility to install Ad ware, and NOD32 with serial, but without writing it <You know automatically like in http://gosh.msfnhosting.com/using_runonceex.htm>??

- the same with nero and ashampoo...

- how to create for example: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Softwre\blabla witch "key=blebleble" ??

- how to install Mozilla Firefox silently... without any prompts...

- how to install Office 2003 witch Windows ?? <if it's possible>

- how to make associations for winamp, irfan view, etc ??

- how i can remove all popups, and sounds from windows <from the CD of course> ??

Please write me how to do that step by step, with all informations like where put file and all that stuff...

I know that my english is very weak, so be patient...

All of these things i want add on the Unnatend CD/DVD... Its important to me, because i'm admin in my school... Some students very often destroys everythig, and i need that for fixing this... I will be really gratefull...

PS How to make bootable DVD with all windowses from 9X and NT/2000/XP families ??

PPS I know almost everything what i need about Win9X Unattend instalations, byt is there any possibility to add drivers ?? And updates ?? and how to execute file just after install ?? and how to add:

Logo=0

Autoscan=0

in msdos.sys ??

Thats all I know that is too much questions in my post, but for me important are only that about XP ... the rest can wait...

Thank you all... for patience and help...

See you later...

... if You are interested about that i can help with creating polish language for that forum...

Ooops.. it should be in Unattend section... My mistake... Sorry...

Edited by Greg00pl

All of the installation-specific information is in http://unattended.msfn.org under the Intermediate Users section - take some time there, and you'll find all of your questions have been answered very clearly there.

As to the other questions, simple searches of the forums will gather the answers you need.

Edited by cluberti

But for me it's difficult to understand some of that informations... I need information about everything... Where tu put files, how they should look... Everything...

Navigation is difficult for me... because my english is weak... all the time i must use translator, so a lot of that stuff looks different like in oryginal... because translators doesn't translate grammar... and some words have few meanings...

I'm not the best with flags, but it looks like your nationality is Polish? Perhaps you could post this again using the subject line - Help, need polish translation of unattended.msfn.org? Sorry, but I only speak German, English, and Italian...

Edited by cluberti

Not really... more important for me is how to do this step by step with all possible infos, because some things I understand ;)

Why nobody want to help me... Its so important to me... Please do it for me !!!!

Edited by Greg00pl

i'm not a moderator but it says in the rules, not to use names for topics like that...

12. Very often we see meaningless subjects in topic title. They give no clue of what the posts are all about. For example:

- Oh no!

- Help

- I'm mad

- Please help

- Question

- I need your help

- Hmmmm ....

This should be avoided. Users should enter something more specific in topic title so that it is easier for others to help.

A few good examples:

- Strange problem with DirectX9b redist

- RunOnceEx install problem (double installation)

- Change Internet Explorer's Icon back to default

Edited by wolf7448

@wolf7448 - I don't personally mind other users pointing out the forum rules. It saves me some work and shows that there are others who actually pay attention to them. :)

@Greg00pl - Take small steps at a time. An unattended CD is continuously changing - even for me. I've made many, many, many CDs, and it's taken me about a year to figure it all out from scratch. Here are the basic steps that you should try - one at a time.

- Get a basic UA install working. No program installation. Just Windows.

- Then add program installation. Start with the basics - either command line or RunOnceEx. Choose one and stick with it. You can install almost any program you want during a UA install. You just need the right install switches.

- Then add regtweaks. If you don't know what they are - search for them. There are many topics already on them.

- Then worry about a multi-boot CD. This is the thing that allows you to have several versions of Windows on one CD.

Like cluberti said - search. Everything that you asked about has already been answered. I can guarantee that. There's a bit of a short fuse around the community for new members who don't take the time to search for themselves. Anything involving installation of software during UA you can probably find in the Application Installs forum. No one is going to hand you a magic guide to your perfect install CD. It's a learning experience.

Finally, moved to Unattended forum.

Get a basic UA install working. No program installation. Just Windows.

The basic installation for XP is working perfectly... I've already added drivers, updates and tweaks using nLite...Now i need to install programs, but i don't know commands, etc. to write the cmdlines.txt, winsif and install.cmd... Maybe i could make it by myself... but the biggest problem form me is that: How to add reg tweaks to registry... especially when i've need to create some key with value.

And how to personalize the whole WinXP adding the my personal BootScreen and OEM Information...

Edited by Greg00pl

Like I said - small steps. If you've got a basic UA install working, then you're halfway there. Most people just dive into everything at once.

Have a careful read through the new Unattended site. It litteraly has all the information that you need to set up program installations.

Regtweaks come AFTER you've got program installation working.

Honestly - everything is on the unattended site. Read it very very very very (very) carefully and you'll have all the answers you need. There are several examples there.

LOL

Maybe somebody could give me link to some usefull commands... I don't know the basic things about regtweaks... I know how to do it by regedit... but how to make a file, what it should contain...

& Welcome

I think what the mod & the rest of us dudes think is you shouldn't post until you exhausted all other avenues..

This link is your bible..everything is there for you..This

Cheers

MC.

OK, but i've just downloaded some program to create the *.cmd files and now i know how to install the other programs with Windows... Now I need the sample commands how to create and edit the *.reg files...

First: How to create some key ? How to change or create the dword\string\bin value ??

Second: How to delete key or values ?? using *.reg files...

Third: How to execute *.reg files using *.cmd...

And how to replace the original bootscreen... and edit the boot.ini ...

The rest is really easy for me now... But i still don't know how to do that things...