Adding a file or files after installing with runonceex

the situation i want to achieve is simple; i want to add a file in a location after it's been installed with runonce but using runonce to add said file. for example save game files that will go in a specific place post-installation. what's the easiest solution? thanks

The situation may be simple, but your explanation isn't :) If you install something, I assume you know where you install it (i.e. you know the destination directory). You most likely either use switches installing an app into the default or the specified folder or use a custom SFX, script, etc that defines the destination directory.

Having said all of the above, I'd recommend using a batch file and XCOPY command to copy the files from the known location to the location of your choice. You can use any other scripting language of your preference.

If this is not what you need, just provide more details.

HTH

Edited by Vadikan

Thanks for replying, you've given me ideas on how to proceed. To rephrase what i want to achieve: i've installed an app. it goes in Program Files\app. i then want to unattendedly put some files in the "app" folder. this is to be done all via runonceex.

i could SFX the said files and stick them on the end of runonce so it doesn't confuse it when it's about to stick it in the destination folder.