Change Office 2003 key in Adminpoint through MST possible?

midiboy

Hi guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the Office 2003 key of an administrative installation point through the means of an MST created with the Custom Installation Wizard. Somehow I can´t get it to work.

I have an adminpoint ready which I would like to use for another contact so I would need to change the key. There is a possibility to enter a key in the custom installation wizard, however it does not seem to do anything because after an installation, the key is still the one entered when creating the admin installpoint.

Is there any way to change that key later on or would I have to recreate a new installpoint each time ? This is a bit of a drag including all the updates all the time etc. I´d rather have one install point that can be adapted for different setups by using different mst´s ?

Thanks for your help !

Bye,

Alex

PS: Is there a way to change the serial after installation somehow using a script or something ?

How do you check if the key is changed ?

It is just right as you say, it is the *.mst file that keeps the serial, but if you test it on your own machine, you have to change the guid in *.mst, else the windows installer assumes you are using old setings..

At my work we operates with many different *.mst files, but the same admin point...

Hi svgusta,

I check with RockXP. It displays your microsoft product keys you used for installation.

well, in order to create an install point one has to use a serial and this one is being used all the time instead of the one in the mst.

How do you change the GUID in the mst ? The custom install wizard does not ask for any guid ?? (see pic) Could you please explain ? I don´t want this to be machine specific, I want the product key in the mst to be used for all the machines I install this on after all it is a VLK ...

Thanks,

Alex

to change key after install:

delete DigitalProductID value from registry

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\office\xx.x\Registration

Where xx.x is the version number of your office install

9.0= 2000

10.0= XP

11.0= 2003

Then launch an office application and it will ask for the product key.

Hi Alex,

There's a workaround possible. In fact, its almost the official method.

Navigate to: adminpoint\FILES\SETUP

Open the file: SETUP.INI

Scroll down to the section: [Options]

In the options section, you can specify a setup property (on a new line), as described here:

PIDKEY=yourProductKey

Then just save it. So you can simply modify the SETUP.INI with a different key each time! Hoping this helps.

Do post back on how it goes....